Don't Tell Mom

The 2 weeks I stayed at Vecka's house went by a little too quick for normal, and I really didn't want to return back to my awful home. It didn't seem fair the way time would move when you were having so much fun. Why does the world hate me? Vecka was in the kitchen making us a bowl of cereal for breakfast, and I was sitting on her living room couch watching really lame cartoons. I had lifted the remote and started hopping through channels when I saw an add for a modeling agency that was looking for young beautiful aspiring models. I quickly sat up on the couch and turned up the TV a little. Finally something interesting had come on.

Vecka walked out of the kitchen just then, holding our bowls of cereal in both hands. She sat down right beside me, handing me a big bowl of coco puffs and flipping her hair to the side. She was wearing a pink onesie with her bunny slippers and her hair fell freely. I thanked her silently, taking a big bite of chocolatey goodness. It was so crunchy and the taste suddenly brought back memories of short and brief good times. I took slow bites and watched TV with Vecka until it was noon, then I had went to get my luggage and made my way to the front door.

Vecka helped me lift it outside and onto the sidewalk. Then she turned and pulled me into a big bear hug. "I'm really sad!" She sobbed in my shoulder as I hugged her back. I nodded and tried to keep my tears from falling out, because I hated crying in front of people. I hugged her tightly one last time before letting go, waving goodbye and walking down the sidewalk towards my house. I didn't turn back. Mostly because I didn't want to break out into tears and run back to her. I have to go home. I thought. Great googley moogley.

I laughed as I made it to the last street before mine. I looked at the nearby houses and realized I actually knew nothing about the neighborhood I lived in. I didn't really come outside and when I did, it was always briefly. Since I was always walking to go somewhere, never to just be hanging around outside. The houses were all identical, being the same shade of brick and those white pillars right outside the front doors. Every house had sprinklers in the front yards and some sort of lawn decoration. It was like living in a simulation.

While I was distracted by the homes, I didn't hear a truck pull up behind me, nor did I hear a man get out of it and come up behind me. It was too late to react though. Before I knew it, I felt hands over my mouth and eyes and I felt someone else pull my luggage out of my hands. I tried to scream but a sharp pain filled my head and I felt a wet liquid falling down the left side of my face. That's when another, louder more aggressive sounding truck pulled up. This one I knew too well.

Felen drove his truck directly in front of the three of us before hopping out and rocking there shit. I fell backwards onto the ground as Felen stepped over me, continually punching and stomping the two dudes. Before I could get a better look at them, I noticed one guy had blood cover i his entire face, and it also looked to be cut up pretty bad. I look at Felen and realized he was wearing brass knuckles.

What the dick? I thought, getting up off of the ground and stopping Felen from punching the guy. "What are you doing?! You're going to kill them you monster!" I screamed at him, trying to snap him out of it, but this only angered Felen. He pushed me off of him and slapped me hard across the face. Then grabbed me by my arm and shoved me into his truck. "Stupid little bitch. Don't you know who's saving ya?!" He shouted at me, spitting something out of his mouth and onto the ground. He hopped in the drivers side and pulled his truck in reverse, then turned around and sped towards home.

I held my face in silence the entire way back. I stared down at my feet and made sure to keep my gaze there. As to not upset him. But Felen was a ticking time bomb, you never really knew what would set him off. He tapped his finger on the steering wheel the entire way home, making sure to keep a certain rhythm. Once we pulled up in front of the house, Felen grabbed my hand and uncovered my face, looking at the bruise he had given me. He sighed and let go of me, getting out of his truck and slamming the door shut. "Don't tell mom." He said plainly, heading inside. I sat in his truck a little while longer, making sure it was clear to get out and run to my room. When I did, I jumped in my bed and got under my covers, tears finally making their way down my cheeks uncontrollably.

I passed out after about an hour of crying and tormenting myself with negative thoughts. I was almost deep in sleep when I felt a hand caress my cheek. Then I felt something cold. I opened my eyes and looked up to Felen sitting next to me, holding an ice pack on my cheek. He put his finger to his lips, and didn't say a word. I was a bit hesitant, but reluctantly closed my eyes again and passed out.