27 - THE DANCING LADY

The songs of the street performers caught my wandering mind, It's been hours since we've been wandering in the streets of the Capital

The songs of the street performers caught my wandering mind, It's been hours since we've been wandering in the streets of the Capital.And by WE I mean me and..

Of course him.

A man dressed in white angrakha suitable for a commoner glided towards me through the crowd. His attire was that of a common man but his appearance spoke otherwise.

His clothes were plain but his muscular built was not something for a ordinary man to posses. He was not wearing any ornaments but his face was enough to force the young ladies passing by to turn back to steal a glance at him.

"ये लीजिये।"

"Here."

Only when he was standing infront of me did I notice the small kulhads in his hands and quickly took the one he extended towards me and looked up at his face.

'His face was annoying.'

'Annoyingly handsome.'

I hated it when the young girls were staring at him without any hesitation and whispering God knows what to one another while sneaking glances at him.

I knitted my eyebrows as the cool thandai flowed down my throat.
I looked up at him, who was oblivious of the thoughts bothering me as if..

'Does he really not know?'

He had pulled my veil down to bridge of nose saying that I would not be able to enjoy the fair if people kept staring at me because my foreign features would stand out. But the situation here was a whole different case..

"हमारे विचार में आपको भी अपना मुख ढक लेना चाहिए था।"

" I think you should have covered you face too. "

He turned towards me and his eyebrows rose asking what I meant. To which I simply motioned my head in the direction of the girls who were standing besides a stall, staring at him.

His eyes followed my signal and a light smirk appeared his lips and I saw the girls panicking as they were caught red-handed, I could see they were blushing hard as their eyes met his.

'Annoying.. Fucking annoying!'

It was then..

Fingers that were a lot larger than mine interlocked with mine and held my comparably small hand firmly in their warmth. I looked down at our tangled finger and Oh my god.. I loved it when he held my hand in his.

Vazraksh lifted my hand in his hold to his lips, his eyes still on the ladies afar as I stared at his godly profile, My eyes drifting towards the ladies and I could see the visible embarrassment they had for having ideas about a man that was already taken.