the councilor's daughter

"Should we wait here, Abanim?" Son Eon-jin turns to her father, as they wait for the crown prince to come to the study room. An hour has passed and Yi Hyun is nowhere to be seen. She will know, because for the past hour her eyes were glued to the entrance path.

Right State Councilor Son looks up from the book he's reading to glance at his daughter

Right State Councilor Son looks up from the book he's reading to glance at his daughter. "Do you have somewhere you have to be, my daughter?"

"I am not, Abanim."

"The King asked for him, thus, we shall wait." The senior official responds briefly. "And we shan't be curious of their talk."

Eon-jin holds herself for making face at her father's statement. Because that is definitely addressed to her.

𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘥𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘧 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘺?

"Your gaze doesn't move from that window since Ko Sanggung came to deliver the news." Her father's voice comes again.

Did she say her monologue out loud?

"I don't have to hear you say it with words, Eon-jin-ah." He smiles at his perplexed daughter. "I know a lot more than you think. Like how you help the crown prince with his assignment."

Eon-jin freezes on her spot beside the window, her eyes dilate at his words. She immediately kneels down and bows to her father.

"Abanim, I'm sorry. It does not mean to be a rebellious act," she pauses. Should she feed the crown prince to her father? It was his idea after all, saying no one would know about their little heist.

"It's harmless, Eon-jin-ah. Please, help me. I've tried this before with Gwang-beom," said Yi Hyun.

"And your father passed it with a good note." The young prince continued in his quest to get her to write his poem assignment.

"He will know it's my work and not yours."

"I will not be so cruel to you, Son Eon-jin. This one will be reviewed by Left State Councilor Cho." He said it with a grin, as if he found the answer to all of his trouble. And Eon-jin didn't have a heart to say no, even if it might give her trouble in the future.

Like now.

Eon-jin braves a look at her father and frowns finding him looking at her with a smile.

"The left state councilor doesn't catch your tryst. I only know because I teach you both everything. And your choice of words has distinction, Eon-jin-ah."