the list

Eon-jin is as practical as a lady can be at her young age. A rarity, she definitely is. She is seldom fazed by anything happening around her.

Maybe that's why Yi Hyun is so fascinating for her, for his many emotions, for his many outbursts, for his many colors. That's the big reason for her love of teasing him. She is practically waiting for his reactions, every time.

So, it is very hilarious for her— that the role is reversed currently. He was teasing her with his earlier question. It had to be.

Why did she react to that?

Because she was embarrassed. That was why.

Why did her heart palpitate in an extremely enthusiastic way when the prince described himself like that?

And he certainly ticked all the box he mentioned. The king-to-be part was a given. A face that was pleasing to see definitely equated with the gorgeous jaw line, the dimples on his cheeks, and those deep brown eyes. And a good company— it was the heart of what he was for her.

She was clearly buoyed by those facts; her face warmed and she knew she probably resembled tomato. She had to save face.

Thus, the proclamation.

What now?

𝘙𝘶𝘯. That's her instinct. She is clearly not ready. For the matter of hearts.

Because one— as she mentioned before, marriage is the last thing on her mind right now.

And two— marriage to him? She only ever thought of him as a friend, never as a potential suitor, no matter how eligible he is.

Even if she has thought of it— she doesn't have any conception in her mind about becoming a royal consort. What does it entail?

Omo— can he stop staring at her like she is the only woman he wants? She can't think when he looks at her with those wistful tender gaze. She needs divine intervention to break away from his intense staring.

Somebody? Anybody?

Eon-jin is almost at her limit, her feet angling toward the door, when it finally comes in the form of her father. God bless him.

"Right State Councilor Son is arrived." Eunuch Park announces.

"Jeoha," the councilor salutes him then looks at the prince and his daughter as they engage in this silent battle of will.

"Am I interrupting something, Ko Sanggung?" He glances at the senior court lady who seems too excited to watch things unfold between the two.

"Not really, only an exchange of two kindred souls, Daegam."

The nobility observes the two with renewed interest, but considering the news he needs to convey from the king—

"Jeoha, I have a message from the king." His sentence breaks the connection between the two.

"Abamama? Why didn't he tell it to my face?"

"His Majesty knew you were upset," the teacher says in a straight face as he takes out a scroll of parchment from inside his robe.