011. | BETRAYAL HURTS WORSE THAN A BREAKUP

CHAPTER ELEVEN : 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙲𝚊𝚕𝚖
𝚁𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚢'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠.

I was feeling weird. Like something wasn't right. I picked at my fingers, breathing heavy.

I just knew today wasn't a good day and I was hoping the grounders weren't gonna make a surprise visit.

Heat suddenly took over my body. "Whoa! Guys! Fire!" Our smokehouse was in fire. "Go, go, go! All right. Come on."

Octavia, Murphy and a couple others guys, raced away from the fire and they collapsed on the ground.

Bellamy ran to Octavia quickly. "Are you okay?" Octavia nods, coughing. The fire was so bright and orange.

I kept staring at it. I felt panicky and I wasn't sure why. Murphy pushed past me and towards Del who was standing close to the fire.

"This is all your fault. We told you it was too much wood." Murphy punches Del in the face.

"Get the hell away from me." They start fight and a hand grabs my bicep. I gasp, turning quickly to see Dylan pulling me back.

Bellamy gets up from the ground and moves over to them. "Hey! Hey! Hey, stop!" I try to move forward but Dylan stops me.

"Save it for the grounders." Bellamy says after he separates the boys. "Bell, now what the hell are we gonna do? That was all the food."

Everyone watched the smokehouse go up in flames. I shake my head, moving away from everyone.

Today was not a good day. Today was starting off terrible. Today... Today... Today is not a good day.

"Each group takes someone with a gun, and they're for killing grounders, not food. We don't have the ammo. "Use the spears for hunting. Get what you can. Be back by nightfall. No one stays out after dark."

I walk up to Bellamy. "Are you going out?" I shake my head. "I'm staying with Monty."

He nods. "Good, I don't want you to go." I furrow my eyebrows. "Your staying?"

"I have too, with most of the guards leaving, I need to stay and watch." I cross my arms over my chest.

"What's wrong?" I shrug. "I honestly don't know. But something is wrong, like... I don't know."

He grabs my hand and squeezes it. "Talk to me, Riley. What's bothering you." He pulls me away from other people.

"I woke up today... feeling like something is going to happening. It's not a good day today."

Tears were in my eyes and I just felt almost sick. He grabs the sides of my side and I lean into them.

I wrap my hands around his wrist, sighing. I close my eyes for a second trying to breathe.

"I just feel like something is going to happen, like bad things." I whisper after a minute.

"You worried about the grounders?" I shrug. "I'm not sure, but I'm scared to death that Dylan is going to get hurt out there."

Bellamy nods, hugging me into his chest. "Dylan will be fine, I know he will." I curl my arms around his stomach, squeezing him tight.

"He better be, I need him." I mutter. He chuckles and I look up at him. "What's so funny?"

He kisses my forehead. "Just how you need him so much." I furrow my eyebrows.