Chapter Eleven

•Harumi•

I don't remember anything after trying to stand up in the cell after the being wounded from the knife and masked men. My vision went black and the next thing I know, I open my eyes, and Lloyd has me in his arms.

"Please Rumi. Please wake up. I need you." He says holding me in his arms as tears fall down his face.

"Lloyd-." I whisper opening my eyes and trying to sit up. Immediately, a sharp pain from the left side of my stomach causes me to cry out, moving my hand over to the wound.

"Rumi!" He says with relief in his voice. "Don't move. You're going to be okay. I know it hurts, but I'm here now." He says cradling my head and stroking my cheek.

I breath in deeply, trying to focus on Lloyd's words and not the pain.

"Zane..." Lloyd says looking at the Nindroid.

"I assessed her vitals. She will most likely be okay, but we need to get her some medical attention as quickly as possible. We don't want to risk the injury getting infected." Zane says and looks over at the commissioner. "I sent a distress signal to P.I.X.A.L. Her and the other ninja should be here shortly with the bounty. Can you take me to the nearest first aid kit?"

"Of course." The commissioner says nodding.

"Lloyd, you stay here with Harumi." Zane says as him and the commissioner go to grab the first aid kit.

"What happened to you Rumi?" Lloyd asks, looking at my injury. "How could this have happened? It looks like a knife wound."

"It is." I say breathlessly, the pain growing worse and worse. "Two men- Sons of Garmadon wanted revenge." I whisper, closing my eyes tightly, trying to forget the memory and ease my pain.

"But how?" He says as he pushes my bangs out of my eyes.

I take a sharp quick breath, starting to try to speak.

"Never mind that. Just save your strength." He says softly.

I nod, focusing on trying to stay still.

"It's so weird. I was just holding you in my arms when I found you hurt from the building collapse. It's like deja vu." He sighs. "I just want you to not hurt anymore Rumi. Physically and mentally. I'm so sorry this happened to you. It's my fault. I couldn't be there to stop it and-."

"Lloyd," I whisper softly. "It is not your fault- don't blame yourself. You can't always protect everyone- you're putting too much weight on your shoulders." I say as I slowly move my hand on top of his. I smile gently, looking into his eyes that I could so easily get lost in.

Zane and the commissioner return, carrying the first aid kit.

"We're going to try to stop the bleeding Harumi. This may hurt." Zane says as he starts pouring a liquid on a cloth.

I nod, squeezing my eyes shut. Lloyd takes my hand and holds hit tightly. Zane starts to clean the wound, and stop the bleeding.

I wince, squeezing Lloyd's hand. Sweat starts to break out across my brow. This was too much. It hurt so badly.

"Hey. It will be okay Rumi." Lloyd says looking at my face. The color has completely drained.

"Rumi? Rumi stay with me okay? Don't pass out. It's going to be okay. Just stay with me." He says holding my hand tighter as Zane continues to clean the wound.

"This is a deep cut Lloyd. Stitches may be required. I suggest that we take her to the hospital." Zane says and turns to the commissioner.

"Has any part of the hospital been rebuilt?" Zane asks.