'𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐛𝐲 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟'||𝐁𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐀𝐤𝐚 [𝐟𝐥𝐮𝐟𝐟]

He just bid Akaashi farewell to his parents' house. Even though the Akaashi loved Bokuto, they strictly wanted Akaashi to come for the annual family reunion. When he's married to Akashi, he can join. Of course, Bokuto understood. He should, as well spend some time with his family. But Bokuto being Bokuto, he'll forget.

Now that Akaashi's gone, it reminded him of how dependable he was to his boyfriend. Whenever they go on dates, Akaashi had organized it. When it was time to eat, Akashi was already getting both of their meals. It's like everything he does, Akaashi was there. Helping him with whatever. How come he never did something on his own? All by himself with Akaashi?

Bokuto hopes to find the answer before Akaashi's back. That way, it'll be a surprise!

First he had to get groceries.

He grabbed the shopping list Akaashi made from the kitchen countertop, his wallet in their masters' bedroom, and the keys on their dresser heading out to their car.

After getting in the car, he turned on the radio. He didn't know what music to play since Akaashi always knew what music fit the mood, hence he stuck with random news driving smoothly to the grocery store.

The list was complied off simple necessary household needs; flour, eggs, milk, meat, honey, few junk food, and a pack of water. Gotta stay hydrated.

'This is like a scavenger hunt. Except most of the times are in a section of its own. It'll take me yearsss to get them all. Akaashi would complete this in an hour. I miss Akaashi..'

Poor Bokuto, can't stop thinking about Akaashi. He loves him so much whatever he does Akaashi always has some kind of connection back to it! How is that even possible? It's BokuAka. Of course it's possible.

He first went to the diary section and got milk, eggs, and frozen meat. He then went to the shelves and chose a jar of honey with candy, chips, and few other varieties. Lastly, he found flour near the cashier and water where he came in loading them all into the wheel cart, cross-checking the list before waiting in line.

While he waited, all his thoughts were about Akaashi;

'Wow Kōtarō. This is the first thing you can accomplish by yourself...without Akaashi!'

'Kinda feels great. I still miss him. I hope he's having fun.'

Soon, it was his turn. He paid the cashier, grabbed the bags in the cart, and drove it to his car where he loaded them back in the car, leaving the cart stranded on the street.

That's when he realized he is nearly out of gas.

'How did this even happen?!'

'If it was Akaashi, he would have checked before heading to the store!'

Grumpily, he pulled up to the nearest gas station going home afterwards.

───────────────

Bokuto sighs due to completing all the work Akaashi would have done, on his own without him acknowledging Akaashi's doing so.

"I hope Akaashi gets proud I can do things on my own."

"I mean I know he's vigorously tryna be there, but I need to do something by myself.."

"Maybe I should set us a date! Yeah, I should! But what kind...? Well, first I have to clean the house. Now I bodaciously appreciate Keiji. Wait..is that even the right way to use bodacious??? Last time I checked, it was used to compliment people. But I'm complimenting Akaashi though...? Whatever," he rolled his eyes, "Fuck English and its rules."