04B

AYO...

We had such a great conversation we forgot that we had limited time, the nurse had to come in and remind us that visiting time was over. We had stayed for an hour and a half when it was supposed to be an hour. Realising that I spent the whole time chatting with her grandfather while she did not say much, made me feel guilty. I intruded on their time together.

" Well come by when you can Ayo, I have a lot of stories to tell you."

" I will sir."

" You don't always have to come with her either."

I lifted my eyes to gauge her reaction to his words but she had her eyes glued on her grandfather while smiling at him. I walked out first so she could say her goodbyes and bumped into a few nurses who asked for pictures, which I agreed to. One of them caught my eye.

" You notice she looks like every woman you have ever dated."

I did not realise that she had come out and I was a bit startled by her. The nurse gave her a side eye and Nefi starred back. I had plans of getting with her but now her behaviour towards Nefi made me reconsider.

" No."

" I think you have a default setting in your head that makes you pick the same girl."

" That's not true because you're different."

She rolled her eyes and got into the elevator, I knew she did not believe that I had a genuine interest in her. It was just us two and I could not help creating a scenario of us kissing in an elevator in my head. Since I met her I have pictured the things we could do together but she was in a relationship and did not care to date me. It was silent for a few minutes before I recalled earlier.

" I'm sorry for taking up your time with your grandfather and if you don't want me to, I won't come see him."

" That's why you were drilling your eyes into the side of my face earlier?."

" So you were aware that I was trying to communicate with you."

" I was aware that you were starring but not aware that you were trying to say something, thought you were being your usual starry self because you know you stare at me a lot?"

I did not think she noticed that I starred, it made me blush. This never happens to me, ever but I just love watching her, observing her, learning her.

" Meki ach'k'y karogh e hognel, bayts' imy yerbek' ch'i karogh k'ez nayel:"

" Pardon?"

One's eye might get tired, but mine can never looking at you., is what I said but she did not need to know that yet.

" Nothing ser'ës."

" So you're just going to throw words at me in another language and expect me to think it's romantic. Typical male."

" Don't compare me to the man you've dated. I've made mistakes in my life but I've never manipulated a woman into loving me. I appreciate it when she loves me for me."

I walked out a bit angered when the elevator opened up. I say a bit since I still waited for her, opened and close the passenger car door for her. This is why I hated the talking stage or is it courting stage , you had to be patient and understand your partner. It does not help that women can be difficult. Even though technically we were not dating.

" Thank you."

She said as I got into the driver's seat but I did not respond. A text came through from my one my managers and instead of taking her straight home I took a detour, without explanation. I noticed her turn to me about to say something but I guess decided against saying anything. It was silence till I got to the restaurant.

" I'm here to see the guy who runs this place, wanna come in?"

" Will you take long?"

" No."

" Then I'll wait here."

Without thinking about it I kissed her forehead before climbing out of the car but stopped as soon as I closed the door behind me to react at what just happened, worse she let me. Mario handed me the books, the money for the second shift of the day and two Oreo milkshakes I had asked for when he texted me.

" Who are you with?"

" There's no nice way to say this so_ mind your business and lock up before something happens."

He asked for a lift as I walked out but I ignored him since he had his car with him and only said that to see who I was with.

" Here I got you a milkshake."

" Oreo?, How did you know?"

" Lucky guess."

She took her sip and I noticed her eyes close as she drank it. They stayed like that for a minute as she moaned unaware of what it was doing to me.

" This is the best Oreo milkshake I've ever had, who makes this?"

" It's a secret recipe."

It was a recipe developed by me for her.