62B

" When you said we're going to a listening party, I thought you meant for your upcoming album, not your friends album."

Nefertiti was nervous about meeting his industry friends and the possibility of their relationship being exposed even though she had made up her mind that if he wants to appear in public with her, she would not persuade him not to.

" My album is not done and you'll listen to it first before the others get the chance to."

Ayo pulled her closer to himself then planted a soft kiss on her forehead as they sat in the back of an all black utility sports vehicle. He was dressed in all black and she had on a black and white corset with a long black skirt that had a long slit that started mid-thigh. His hand stayed rubbing her thigh all the way to the venue.

Nefertiti was relieved to find there were no pictures being taken outside of the venue. Ayo helped her out of the car and as soon as she stood next to him, his security surrounded them. They walked into the arena hand in hand, the invited reporters went crazy taking pictures after pictures and throwing questions at Ayo about the event.

" Are you okay?"

Ayo mouthed to her since it was noisy due to the clicking cameras and the crowd inside the venue. Nefertiti showed him a thumbs up. He pulled her by her waist then kissed her forehead, this was missed by the reporters as somebody else had walked in and they had their attention on them.

" No I'm good in the crowd, you have to work. So go work."

Nefertiti refused to join him on stage when her asked her to, after he realised there was no vip seating, they'd all be on the stage performing.

" Stand where I can see then."

Ayo held her chin and kissed her lips softly for a few seconds before letting her go with a kiss on the forehead. He stopped her bodyguard, Ecko , as he was about to follow behind her.

" Keep her safe."

Ecko replied yes before quickly rushing after her, he helped her manoeuvre the crowd to stand in the front row. A guy tried to block her way but Ecko stepped in front of her protectively. Ayo stood watching, irritated by not being there to protect her himself but grateful she had Ecko.

" You're good?"

Ecko whispered into her ear as she swayed to the music , he had to remind himself he was her bodyguard as he watched on, mesmerised but how beautiful she looked listening and enjoying the performance. Since the first day he was assigned to guard her, he has done nothing but control his emotions.

" Yeah, I'm good."

Nefertiti replied, Ecko smiled at her but his smile disappeared when he noticed Ayo staring at him. Noticing that he was distracted, Nefertiti grabbed his arm by his wrist and urged him to dance with her but he could feel Ayo's eye's boring into him, so he declined with the excuse that he was on duty.

" Suit yourself, Kute's music is amazing."
Nefertiti

" What about Ayo's music?"
Ecko

" To be honest, I haven't listened to his music in a long time and just now started back listening to his recent single."
Nefertiti

" Why, I thought all women love Ayo's music, especially his wife.?"
Ecko

" I kinda grew out of his music and only now started listening to it_ well... I haven't actually listened to his music except this recent song but please don't mention this to him."
Nefertiti

" So you are his wife?"

Ecko had used the term wife in his question prior to see how she would react, since he knew only that they were engaged but the other guards suspected they were married already since he referred to Nefertiti as his wife.

" Officially I'm just a fiancé but Ayo prefers to call me his wife, I guess I'm just used to it."

Thinking of him made her smile but looking at her from the stage as he performed, Ayo thought she was smiling because of Ecko. It did not help his jealousy that Ecko was also smiling while staring at her. How unprofessional of him, Ayo thought and he has no respect for me.

Sensing that he was being watched, Ecko looked up to be met with Ayo's angry stare. He did not want to lose his job, so he stopped smiling, removed his hands from his pockets to stand tall and firm. Nefertiti noticed the change in Ecko and shook her head, irritated when she saw Ayo's threatening eyes.

" No."

Ecko blocked a guy who tried to approach Nefertiti, who had not noticed till Ecko spoke. As he stood with his back to her, Nefertiti could not help staring at his well built back that was covered in tattoos. She could only see the tattoos covering the back of his neck and his arms, since he had on a short sleeve T-shirt but she could imagine how his back looked.

" My bad, I just wanted to say hi to the lady."