ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ one: 10 ʏᴇᴀʀs ɴᴏᴡ

In a cold graveyard stood a blonde. The blonde didn't know why she found herself there, but she's been visiting the graveyard more often recently, maybe it's because she missed him, maybe because she was now feeling guilty for what had happened 14 years ago.

"I know I've done some fucked up things throughout the years, but I promise I'm trying to change. Everything would be better if you were here with me, I don't know how I even got through these 14 years without you" Lizzie spoke up, she didn't want to get all sentimental but then again, she felt like she owe it to him. "You would have been the best father there is, and you may have not been the best dad for your son, but I can promise you that we are taking good care of him." lizzie admits as she felt a tear slide down her face.

A vampire along with two young tribrids following along with them. Lizzie looked over at her husband, niece and nephew. "Hey, sweetheart." Mg says before he quickly pecked lizzie on the cheek. "You and I both know that he wouldn't have wanted you to cry." Mg admits as he wiped the tear from his wife's eyes.

Lizzie nodded and sniffled before looking over at the twins. "When did you guys get here?" Lizzie asked as she was brought into a hug.

"Mama, mom, and mommy said that we can come here to be your emotional support." The older twin explained as they pulled away from the hug.

"Yeah, but Delilah couldn't come, she had to go to school, plus the brat said she needed to be there, like who even likes school?" The younger twin asked

Lizzie smiled "Don't talk about your sister that way." Lizzie looked over at Michael's graves tomb before looking back at the kids "okay, it's time you guys went home," Lizzie concluded.

Both twins shook their heads "No, I would like to be introduced to the man that was very important in both you and Mama's life, wouldn't you as well, Andrea" the younger twin asked his sister.

Andrea just nodded as well as lizzie. "This is Michael, Michael Petrova-Lockwood. He was the man that I only ever saw as my father, no offense to grandpa ric, but he was the only adult at the time to get me. When he died, a part of me died to, but I never really showed it because, He wouldn't have liked the sad and depressing shit" Lizzie eyes widen and she looked over at the twins "Don't tell your mothers that I swore in front of you"

Andrea nodded "I won't tell if you don't tell." Andrea says before she looked over at her brother.

He smiled and nodded his head, "of course I won't tell, do I look like a snitch to you?" He asked

"Yeah, whatever, let's get you guys out of here." Lizzie says as she fixed their coats.

-

The twins walked into the house and they were already embraced with hugs from their parents. "MOM!" Marshall yelled as Hope placed kissed all over her sons face.

Andrea giggled as avoni kissed her face and tickled her.

Josie walked into the living room and Marshall ran over to his mother. "Hey, ma. I really missed you" he held on as tight as he could.

Hope crossed her arms "how come we didn't get a hug like that?" She asked

Marshall closed his eyes and smiled, "I gave you a hug and ma didn't try to invade me with kisses." Marshall admits.

"Touché, how about you and your sister go upstairs and get ready for dinner, we are going to have it at the Salvatore school for the ones who don't have a home to go to for Christmas break, so since today starts the break then that means we going to enjoy our time with them."

Lizzie then walked into the house and she smiled before she walked over and hugged her sister. "You look amazing, considering you carried 4 kids in that oven" Lizzie winked.

"Thank you" Josie whispered as they pulled away from the hug.

Marshall crossed his arms "I'm sorry mom, and I'm really sorry mama, and ma for my language but I don't give a rabbits ass about the kids who don't have a family, what am I suppose to do revive their parents from the dead?" Marshall asked

Andrea rolled her eyes. Hope sighed and scratched the back of her neck "well, smartass, their parents could have left them when they were very little."

Josie gave Marshall that look and he sighed before he looked over at avoni who was smiling, she wasn't mad at Marshall for sharing his opinion but obviously she couldn't say that.

"I'll get dress mothers." Andrea says before she ran upstairs and to her room.

"I'll go do the same, and again, I'm sorry for my language, I just thought we were raised to say our opinion without getting judged." Marshall looked down at his fingers before he ran upstairs.

Lizzie just walked out of the house, she didn't want to be put up with the shit.

"We did tell and teach him to say what was on his mind so he didn't feel uncomfortable around us." Avoni pointed out as she crossed her arms.

"Yeah but what kind of mother would I be to let my son talk about such kids while he's living the luxury? He has a roof over his head that damn near has 5 bedrooms, people I know can't even get a 1 bedroom apartment, he has any and everything that he can possibly want, so that's no way to treat a kid that is any less fortunate than him." Hope spat out as she pointed upstairs.

-

While the mothers were discussing Marshall's actions, he was in his room changing. He had on an brown bandana with brown pants to match. He put on a white t-shirt before placing his brown and white sweater over it.

It was winter season so he had to make sure that he stayed extra warm.

Before he could add on his chains and stuff there was a knock at the door. "Come in" he said before his sister hurried up and got into the room before closing the door. "Oh.. it's you."

"Yeah it's me! What was that? Are you trying to give mommy a heart attack?" Andrea asked

Marshall shook his head "no, I was just trying to speak what's on my mind, no one ever wants to listen to what I have to say when I say it. Our mothers told me to express myself and say what I have to say and I did it, and now I'm in the wrong, I don't get this family."

Andrea sighed and she sat on Marshall's bed. "Listen, things have been tuff every since we heard about the new addition and even if you don't understand it, our mothers are only trying to protect us and teach us right from wrong." Andrea assured to her younger brother.

Marshall nodded his head "no, you're right, maybe I'm taking the speaking my mind thing a little too serious and I should talk like any other 12 year old would talk." He says

Avoni stood at the door frame. She smiled "I'm sorry to ruin your twin moment but if you want to ride with your aunt Lizzie then you should go now, she's on her way to leave." Avoni admits.

Andrea smiled before she ran out and downstairs. Avoni sighed and slid her hands into her front pocket. "Listen, I know that you are going through this changing phase because of the change that's happening with the school and stuff but it will get better, I promise." Avoni assured.

Marshall turned all the way around and he tiled his head "do you pinky promise?" He asked

Avoni walked over to him and held her pinky out. "I pinky promise, to you, sir Marshall, that things will get better." She says as he attached his pinky to hers.

He smiled "okay, I believe you." He says.

Avoni sent a soft smile before she made her way over to the door. "Hey mama?" Avoni stopped in her tracks and she looked over at him and she raised her eyebrow.

"What's up?" She asked

He took a deep sigh "I know I don't say this enough, but I love you."

"I love you so much more, now we should go before your mom kick both of our asses." Avoni halfed joked.

Marshall took his bag and he ran out. Avoni watched as her son was out of reach she glanced over at his desk.

Avoni raised her eyebrow before she spotted a diamond shaped hair clip. She picked it up and traced over it.

She hasn't seen it since her...

"Mother." Avoni couldn't believe it, there was no way in hell that Meredith could make another appearance.. or could she?