6

Rose Vila Wheeler

         I lay on my bed watching the empty dark roads through my window. Steve and the others left not to long ago leaving me here.
I should try to get some sleep tonight.
At least I have the comfort of knowing that everyone is okay, though nothing is solved.
Who knew spring break could be so stressful? I should've went to Nevada with Mike this spring break. I haven't seen Jonathan or Will in forever, even El. I haven't seen Joyce in the longest time.
I should see them after all of this over, after we solve this and clean this whole mess up. I know one thing for sure, no one is going to jail. I will do everything I possible can to make sure of that. I will make sure the people know the truth about Hawkins.
The whole truth.
Maybe the half truth.

"Rose, can you hear me?"
It's Eddie.
I jump off my bed and run to grab my radio, "Yes Eddie!? Is everything okay what's wrong?!" I wait for a response...
"Okay so I know I said I didn't need anything, but uh- can you get me a 12 pack. I'm desperate."
"Eddie."
"What?"
I sigh, "Are you serious right now? I said if there's an emergency."
"I'm serious, this is an emergency. I'm thirsty."
"Drink water."
"There is no water!"
"Yes there is. You have a whole lake back there."
Silence...
"Rose please I beg you."
I can't believe he called me desperate.
"Will you pay me back?" I ask annoyed.
"Yes! Yes I swear!"
I groan, "Eddie you are a pain in the ass I hope you know that."
I'm losing more sleep because of him.
Now I have to sneak out of my own room window and jump off my own roof and drive first to the liquor store, then drive another thirty minutes away to go deliver this stupid pack of gross beer to stupid Eddie.
That's mean he's not stupid.
I take a deep breath before starting my car as quietly as I can.
Very quickly I drive down the street.
Okay good. No one knows I'm gone.
_________

12 minutes later

"Hey can I get a 12 pack of your Corona?"
The man running the register looks like he's had a hard day. He looks really tired and ready to go home, poor guy has to work this night shift.
"ID?" The man dryly replies.
I smile and take out my fake ID from my purse showing it to him. He buys it.
He nods his head and grabs a 12 pack. "That all for you?"
"Yep, thank you."
He nods his head, "Drive safely."
At least I can put a fake ID to use. Eddie probably has a fake ID too, because I don't know how else he'd be paying for his own beer. He might just steal his uncles.
Why do people even like beer? It takes forever to get you drunk and it's disgusting.
God why am I even doing this? I don't really need to do this. What's in it for me? I'm wasting gas for this. Maybe I can get him to pay for my gas too.
Yeah free gas.
_____________

30 minutes later

"Eddie!" I knock on the shed door as I walk in the cold dark room.
"Finally Jesus." I see him as he stands up walking over to me in an instant.
"Have you just been sitting there like a weirdo the entire time in the dark?" I question giving him the 12 pack.
"What else was I supposed to do?" He questions beginning to rip the top of the box open grabbing a beer.
"What do you do when no one's here?" I begin to walk around the room lightly touching my fingers across the things piled in here.
"Nothing. Absolutely nothing." He opens the beer and begins to chug it.
I watch with a disgusted facial expression, "How do you even drink that? Beer is disgusting."
He sets the can down wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.
"You know, I just drink it."
I lightly smile, "You know I had to sneak out of my own house for this."
"It took you forever." He complains.
"Excuse me for taking a long time driving to the middle of no where!"
He sits down in an empty dusty seat watching me as I stand here.
"So I guess I owe you money?"
"Yeah you do."
He pursed his lips, "Or, I could repay you with something else that could be more effective."
I widen my eyes, "What?"
He exhales a laugh, "I was just gonna suggest that I could pay for your gas too."
I release the breath that I didn't even know I was holding.
"How much money do you even have with you?"
"A couple hundred dollars."
"You owe me sixty."
"Fine."
I walk over further in the room, I see the same canoe Eddie was in earlier.
"Hey, where do you sleep?"
He scoffs, "Do you think I can get any sleep?"
"Eddie you need to sleep." I touch the blue tarp on top lightly.
"Do you even get any sleep?"
I stay silent. I don't. I can't.
"Exactly."
I turn around to face him seeing him not to far away behind me.
"I guess- I don't know."
I'm scared. I'm scared that if I close my eyes it will take me next. I'm scared that every breath I take it could be my last. Im scared that I'll lose everyone and everything I have. Im so fucking scared.