30

Rose Vila Wheeler

We make it outside, we're climbing up on top of the trailer.

I have faith in this plan. So much fucking faith.
But in the back of my mind, I'm so paranoid.
I don't know what to think or what to feel.

In all honesty in a situation like this, the only thing I can think of is death. It's so hard to think positively but I'm trying so hard.

Eddie places the guitar pic necklace in his mouth before getting the strings of his guitar read adjusting his straps.

Me and Dustin are on lookout for the bats. We're supposed to signal how far away they are, and when they're exist close enough, we go back inside, we climb up the rope before they get in, then we make it safely back to the other side. Then we wait for them to handle Vecna.

The plan is easy. We're gonna be fine. Im just repeating the steps in my head over and over again. I don't want to risk messing any of this up.

Eddie turns towards Dustin, he takes the guitar pic necklace out of his mouth ready to strum against the guitar, he nods his head towards Dustin, and Dustin turns the speaker up.

Eddie adjusts the sleeve of his shirt before taking a deep breath.

"Chrissy, this one is for you." He says.
He pulls the necklace off of him.

He dedicates it to her. I do too. We're going to kill this thing for her, for them. We're doing it for all of them.

And he begins to play.
I hear the heavenly sound echo around the area loudly.

And I can't help myself but smile.
He really is good at it.

I fake motion playing a guitar, strumming at each beats with my fingers.
"Wait, Eddie."
He looks towards me after I call his name. I like his name. Eddie. Eddie. Eddie.

"What?" He's sitting back down on my bed watching me play my fake guitar with a smile on his face.
"You still play guitar right?"
His eyes lighten, "Yes I do."
"Can you play this song on it?" I question.
"Mhm, it was one of the first songs I learned."
I get excited, "Wait really? You have to play it for me sometime." I think if I saw Eddie play this I'd die. I want to learn guitar so bad.  Something about people playing guitars is so hot. Is Eddie hot? Maybe. Possibly. Probably. He might be a good kisser. I don't know.

I remember that day. Our first kiss.
I think that's when I ran away from him.
I ran away from my feelings for him.
And that's why I made up that whole fake bullshit feelings thing.
Truthfully I've always liked him, from the moment ever since I've kissed him.

I look towards Dustin and he has a smile on his face as do I.

We both move are heads to the rhythm of the guitar watching him play.
Occasionally he steals quick glances from us proud of himself at how good he's playing.

But he's mainly focused on what strings to hit and the pace he's playing at.

This is really hot I'm not gonna lie.

I feel as my smile slowly fades.
Slowly fades down to nothing.

My mouth is completely  numb.
And the feeling of happiness I was just feeling completely washes away to distress.

I hear a clock chime.

Paranoid, my first instinct is turn around, and as soon as my body turns, I'm faced with the house of Victor Creel.