cap. 8

Cloe

I was with Will, a few days later, eating an ice cream in Hyde Park.

- And what's your favorite thing about London? - he asked me while eating his ice cream.

- Well, the food's good, and I love the architecture, but I think the best here it's the people - I answer him.

- Really? - he asked while approaching where I was sitting.

- They're all so kind.

- And what about your city?

- Well, Barcelona is pretty big with a lot of beautiful buildings as London, even though it's not that big.

- I hope I can go visit Barcelona one day. You'd show me around? - he asked me, looking straight into my eyes.

- It would be a pleasure.

We both stayed quiet, looking at each other.

- Cloe - he broke our silence - I know we have just met a few weeks ago and it might be too soon, but I love spending time with you, when we're alone it's as if it was just the two of us. Cloe, I think I like you.

- Will, I...

- Oh god, did I messed up? Excuse me, I shouldn't have done it like that-

- Will, don't worry. I also love spending time with you and sometimes I wish this summer was forever. I think I also like you.

- You do?! So... is it too soon to ask you to be my girlfriend? - he took my hand.

- I'd love to, Will - I jumped into his arms and he caught me in a sweet hug.

We chatted for a while until it started raining and we had to run to catch the bus. Once at home, he kissed me on my hand as a goodbye.

- I'm back - I said while leaving my purse.

- How was your date? - Nini asked me as she was sitting in the sofa with her phone.

- It was the best date ever - I say with a big smile on my face as I remember everything.

- A date? With whom? - I hear Eric's voice through the phone.

- Hi Eric, with Will, a beautiful boy who turned out to be our neighbor.

- And how was it? Spill the tea girl - he rushes to ask.

- He took me to Hyde Park and we had some ice cream while sitting on a bench...

- And? - both cousins say at the same time.

- And he asked me to be his girlfriend - I say, excited.

- What?!

- He told me he liked me a lot and I told him I liked him too and he asked me out and now we're dating.

- Did you guys kissed? - Eric asked.

- Not yet, but he kissed my hand when he left me at my door.

- Aw, he's a completely gentleman - Nini said.

- And what will you do when you go back to Barcelona? - Eric asked me.

- We didn't talk about it, we want to enjoy the time while I'm in London.

- Well, I should be going, take care girls - Eric said before ending the call.

- Cloe I'm so happy for you, you completely deserve a guy like Will - Nini says while hugging me.

- Thanks, but are you sure you're fine with this after what happened with Marc?

- Honey, I want you to be happy, of course I'm fine with you having a boyfriend.

- Who has a boyfriend? - Nora asks as she comes back from grocery shopping.

- Me! - I say, excited.

- AH! - she starts screaming and jumps towards us - that's great news honey. We could do a pyjama party and celebrate it.

- I'd love that - Nini answered quickly.

We changed into our pyjamas and started watching Letters to Juliette, my favorite movie.

We spent the rest of the night laughing and eating and celebrating.