cap. 13

In two days Eric's birthday party would take place, and we all decided to go and help him with the decorations. His mansion had like 5 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, a big kitchen, living room and a cinema. In the backyard there was a swimming pool and a small viewpoint.

- God, this is huge - Cloe said as we arrived to the property.

- I know, this is my house when I come to London, I also have a house in Barcelona and some other from my mother's inheritance.

- Where could we leave our stuff? - I ask him.

- Follow me, I'll show you your rooms. How will you sleep? Boys with boys and girls with girls? - he asks us.

- Yes - Nora answered.

- Ok, this is my room and Josh's, you girls can sleep in these ones, two rooms, and the boys can choose between two rooms.

- Will and I can share room - Louis says - we already live together, so...

- I'll sleep in the one left then - Jacob says.

- Ok I'll let you put all your stuff in the wardrobe.

An hour later.

- Eric, where do I put these paintings? - I ask him as Louis helps me carrying some paintings.

- Leave them in the party room, but leave this one from Botticelli at the entrance. I want my friends to gasp when they arrive - Eric tells us.

- How did you come with this idea? - Jacob asks him while helping Cloe with the tables.

- Can I? - Josh asks Eric.

- Of course babe.

- He loves Renaissance ever since I know him, besides, the art is amazing - he explains.

That's true, when we were teenagers, we used to watch documentaries and series about Renaissance.

- Exactly babe, I consider my birthday a change of stage that must be celebrated, and that's why I chose this theme. You found clothes, right?

- Yeah, I bought a light blue dress, Nora a green one and Cloe a yellow one. That's what we found, to be honest.

- We brought our clothes from Medici. They let us have them - Will told us.

- Well, I think everything's ready, go have some rest, tomorrow is the big day.

The next day we spent the whole morning in the swimming pool, and after eating we started getting ready for the party. At about 8 p.m. the guests started showing up, so we went downstairs. I could see our friend's face while looking at us with our dresses.

- You look beautiful - Will said to Cloe while kissing her hand.

- You too my prince.

- This dress looks good on you - Jacob said to Nora.

- Same with you - she answered with a smile.

- You...you look amazing, Nini - Louis told me, with a surprised face.

- Thanks Louis, you look amazing too.

- Guys you look amazing - Eric approached us.

- And you look breathtaking, birthday boy.

- Girls, there's someone I want you to see, follow me - Eric took my hand and led us to the big living room, where we saw an old friend.

Jacob

The three of us watched the girls chatting with a tall boy with dark hair.

- Who's him? - I asked.

- He's Matt, a friend of mine from shooting - Josh answered me.

- Looks like they know each other.

- Eric told us they were childhood friends - Louis said, without taking his eyes out of Nina.

- I'm gonna take my girl to the dance floor, I'll see you later - Will left.

- I'm gonna go get some drinks - Louis left too.

I went to the table and took some food.

- Jacob, could we talk? - Nora asked me.

- Yes, of course.

We left the room.

- I wanted to talk about what happened the other day - she started - I've been thinking, and I wanted to thank you for defending me, and I'm also ready for a friendship, I don't care what your family says or thinks of me.

Those were good news, she definitely didn't want me out of her life. But after everything, I was ready for everything.

- What about something more? - I asked her.

- What do you mean?

- I like you, a lot, and I know we haven't seen each other a lot but I can't stop thinking about you. You're pretty, clever, funny... I understand if you don't feel this way, but I had to try-

- I like you too - she interrupted - it hurted that your parents didn't like me but deeply I knew it was because I like you.

- Then, would you go out with me?

- Yes, but I'd like to go slow.

- That's perfect for me.

After that, we went back with everyone and she went straight to tell her friends.

- Why are they shouting? - Will asked me.

- I told her I liked her, and she agreed on going out - I told him with a big smile.

- Congrats bro - my friends told me.

Louis

It seems everyone has found love thi summer. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for them, I just wished I was enough brave to tell I like her.

- Louis come, I want you to meet Matt - Nini told me.

- Matt, he's Louis, one of my closest friends, he's Matt, we used to be friends when kids - she introduced us.

- Nice to meet you Louis, Nini's friends are my friends too.

- Nice to meet you too. So childhood friends - I said while trying to put my best smile.

- Yep, we spent almost half of our lifes together until I had to move to the US, we sadly lost contact then, but now we're together again. And what's your job?

- I'm an actor, I've worked with Millie Bobby Brown and other great actors.

- I'm an actor too - he said with a big smile - anyways, it was nice to meet you, and Nini - he turned towards her - it was lovely seeing you again. We're in contact again.

And he left.

- Did you like him? - Nini asks me.

- He looks funny - I said, trying to hide my jealousy - do you want to dance?

- Yes, of course.

We went with our friends and started dancing until midnight. Once the party ended, we took the girls upstairs to their rooms, and even though we weren't alone, I decided to kiss her on the forehead.