cap. 22

Hugo

The night went on while we had fun at the club. Nini seemed to be enjoying the atmosphere and I was happy for her. I really like her friends, it made me so happy to see how Nini had people who supported her, although it hurts me that the same person who claimed to be her best friend had broken her promise by not coming to such an important day for her.

- Are you having a good time? - Nini asks me.

- Better than ever, your friends are amazing.

- Gosh, that's my song - she screams excited as she grabs my hand to go dance.

A remix of Lay all your love on me starts playing and I watch as she dances to the rhythm of her favorite song while moving our hands up and down. As the song goes on, we move closer until my hands are around her waist and hers are on the back of my neck.

I would be lying if I said that I didn't think she was the prettiest and sweetest girl I had ever met, and over time I had started to like her, but with Louis being there I didn't want to do anything that could ruin our relationship. I hear Nini talk to me, bringing me back to the real world.

- Hugo, I don't feel very well - she says with a bad face.

- What's going on? - I ask her, worried.

- I'm feeling hot, I can barely breathe.

- Come on, you're sweating, let me take you to the bathroom to refresh you - I grab her hand and lead a little way to the club's bathroom while I make sure she's well behind me.

Once in the bathroom I leave her sitting while I go get some paper to wet it and refresh her. I approach her and kneel at her height to begin rubbing the wet paper over her face, careful not to ruin her makeup, and over the back of her neck.

- What happened? You seemed okay while we were dancing - I ask her as I remember us on the dance floor.

- I don't know, I guess I got dizzy because of the heat. It just came to me suddenly and I needed to go out - she tells me while she tries to put her hair up.

- Don't worry, let me help you - I take off a hair tie that I have on my wrist and she turns slightly so I can put it in a ponytail.

- How come you have a hair tie? -she asks me, already with a small smile.

- Well, I always carry one just in case, you never know when a pretty girl might need it - I answer while keeping one hand between her cheek and neck and the other in her lap.

- You are an angel, really - she tells me with a tender smile, which I reciprocate, while she puts her hands on both sides of my face.

- Do you want me to take you home? - I propose, not wanting her to feel bad again.

- Please - she agrees.

I help her get up slowly, and with one hand holding hers and the other arm surrounding her waist to prevent her from falling, since she still hasn't fully recovered, we go to where the others are.

- Guys, I'm sorry to tell you that I'm going to leave - Nini tells them.

- Honey, are you okay? - Cloe asks, worried.

- She got a little dizzy, the heat, she says - I explain - if you don't mind I'll go with her.

- Calm down, go. Let me give you my number and let us know when you are at her house - Nora tells me.

- Don't worry - I say goodbye and once outside the club I ask for a taxi to take her home.

When the taxi arrives, I help her get in and after putting on the seatbelt, I notice how she's starting to fall asleep. I offer her my shoulder so she can rest her head on it. After a few minutes of driving, we arrive at her building. I pay the taxi driver and slowly get her out of her car and pick her up bride style so she doesn't have to wake up.

She holds on tight while she sleeps, and once at home, I search in her bag until I find the keys, I know I shouldn't, but it was an exception, I didn't want to interrupt her sleep. I close the door as best I can and go to her room and, taking care of her, leave her laying on her bed. I take off her shoes and leave her bag on the hall table and lock the front door and then send a message to Nora saying that we have arrived.

Suddenly, I hear Nini complain a little. I approach her and cover her with the sheets.

- Hugo - she says my name while she sleeps - please don't leave.

- I'm not going anywhere - I say as I lay down next to her.

A few minutes later I notice how she comes closer and hugs me while resting her head on my shoulder. I fall asleep as I feel her breathing relaxed on my neck.

--------------------------

Louis

I spent the entire day with Layla at her parents's house. They're nice people, they talked to me about their life and showed me photos from when Layla was a child. Although I was trying to put on a good face for Layla, I couldn't stop thinking about how things would be with Nini. Not only had she suddenly found out about "me and Layla", but I had also broken my promise and she was most likely angry with me.

And she has her reasons. All this time I had tried to send signals of my feelings towards her, but with the issue of my relationship with Layla I felt that I had lost her without even having her.

Layla's parents offered us her room so we could rest, and I took advantage of the fact that Layla was in the bathroom doing her skincare routine to check my social networks. I opened Instagram and saw photos that the boys and girls had uploaded of the premiere and then going to celebrate Nini and Hugo's night at a restaurant and nightclub. They congratulated her on her great debut and I can't help but feel bad for not being there, as I had promised.

- It's been a great day, don't you think? - Layla enters the room.

- I guess - I answer while looking at the photos.

- Today was Nini's debut? Baby, I'm sorry - she tells me when she realizes what I was looking at - I know you wanted to go and that it was important, but I already told you that my parents would be traveling and they were excited to meet their only son-in-law. Plus, it was also important to me that you meet your in-laws.

- I'll talk to her and try to solve things.

- Anyways, let her have a few days to get over it, it seems that the little friend of hers keeps her very distracted - she says, referring to Hugo, who appeared in most of the photos at her side and with an arm around her, something that she didn't seem to care about - turn off your phone and relax, I can help you with that last one - she tells me and then places a kiss on my lips, which she repeats until I finally give in and lean into the kiss, trying to forget what happened during the day.