cap 23

Eric

I wake up the next day with a bit of headache in my sofa after having some good time yesterday night in Nini's big night. Cloe was already in the kitchen eating some churros with chocolate she had ordered for everyone. She and Will had slept in my house, after all she had rented her apartment and I didn't want them to waist more money in a hotel when I have enough room for them.

- Good morning, Eric - she greets me while she's eating.

- Good morning. How did you sleep? - I ask her while I join the breakfast.

- Wonderful, thanks for letting us sleep here Eric.

- You don't need to thank me, you're like my sister and I wouldn't let my sister and brother-in-law sleep in a hotel while there's room in my house.

She smiles at me with gratitude as Will, all disheveled and still asleep, appears in the kitchen.

- Good morning princess - he says to his girlfriend with a kiss on her forehead - good morning Eric.

- Good morning to you too. You don't look very good, do you want a pill? - I ask him, remembering last night's party.

- Don't worry, it will go away with a some coffee - he sits with us while he holds his head. I take the opportunity to make some coffee for everyone.

- Is there anything else known about Nini? - I ask.

- Last night Nora spoke with Hugo, he stayed the night with her and they still haven't said anything. I guess they're still asleep.

- I still can't believe that Louis didn't come, he knew how important it was for Nini - I say while I pour the coffee.

- Yeah, I feel that since he is with that girl Layla he behaves differently. I noticed he was more tense, even when he hang out with Nina he seemed more excited than now with his girlfriend - says Will.

-Well, but having a girlfriend doesn't excuse it much, at least Nini was able to focus on her role and having a good time last night. It would have been horrible if her night had gone to hell because of that.

- Well, we better change the topic. He's old enough to know what he's doing - says Cloe as she gets up to put her dishes in the dishwasher - I'll go get changed, I want to go see Nora. Are you coming?

- Sure, I'll take a shower while your boyfriend finishes breakfast so he has a free bathroom later - I say while looking at Will, who still had the same sleepy face.

After almost an hour, we finally left towards Nora's house, which is about half an hour away.

Nini

I wake up with a sun ray pointed at my face while a soft sweet smell forces me out of bed. I continue until I reach my small kitchen, where I find Hugo finishing cooking chocolate pancakes, my favorites.

- Good morning, sleepyhead - he tells me after realizing my presence.

- Good morning, it smells wonderful - I say as I go to get some dishes and go to the coffee maker to serve myself.

- I know, I wasn't very convinced what to make for breakfast and I remembered that you love chocolate pancakes - he says as he takes a seat next to me to start eating.

- Sorry for finishing the party so early, I'm sure the others were worried.

- Don't apologize, it didn't bother me. And don't worry about your friends, I told Nora when we arrived. Are you all right now?

- Yes, thank you for everything.

- Sure?

- I think so, maybe it affected me a little more than I thought the fact he didn't come.

-Well, I understand that it hurts you, you guys were very close and he promised you, but I am sure that he didn't do it with bad intentions.

- I don't want to think badly either, I guess you're right.

- Well, it looks like it's a nice day. Do you feel like going for a walk? We don't work again until the evening.

- I'd love to. We could go to one of my favorite restaurants to eat, I usually go like once or twice a month with the girls.

- Sure, wherever you want seems fine to me - he smiles at me.

We both get ready to go out and take a walk around the city while we chat about our lives. I had to admit that Hugo had become very supportive and I enjoyed spending my time with him. Although we see each other almost all day because of our work, we always see each other outside the theater and we never run out of topics to talk about. He's funny and my friends like him. He is definitely an angel fallen from heaven.

After walking and talking, we arrived at the restaurant, where to my surprise my friends were also there.

- Nina, what a surprise, is everything okay? - Cloe greets me with a big hug.

- Sorry if we haven't told you anything, we thought that after last night you would need to rest and we didn't want to bother you - Nora excuses herself.

- Don't worry, and I'm completely recovered. I brought Hugo to eat - he, who until now had remained silent, greets them. 

We ended up sitting together and talking about our plans for the winter holidays, and although Hugo and I would continue with the theater performance, the company had given us a few days between Christmas and New Year's Eve to spend with our loved ones. Since starting in January our agendas would be complicated, we wanted to take the opportunity to take a short getaway there.

- Listen, Will's family has a house in a small town in the English countryside, I haven't been there yet but he has shown me photos and it would look beautiful all covered in snow - Cloe proposes.

- It seems fine to me, except that we will have to see our vacation days. Do you want to join, Hugo? - Nora asks him.

- I'd love to - he looks at me waiting for my response.

- Yes, of course, I love it too.

- Perfect, let me ask Louis, I'm sure he'll agree, we haven't all been together in a while - says Eric.

-And Evan?

- Oh, he's busy this holiday, it will be again - Eric says with a slightly sad tone.

My cousin talked to Louis and he agreed to go, except that he would have to go with his girlfriend, since the girl had heard the conversation and had insisted on meeting us all.

Even though everything turned out this way, the truth is I miss Louis and I miss talking to him like we used to. I just want to forget this matter and have the friendship we had again.