Chapter 6

3rd Person's Point Of View:

The Next Day. . . [Location:  the Temple, on the way to meet Lapis]

Earlier That Day. . .

After waking up, getting ready, tidying the sleeping bags in Steven's room. He insisted, for it to be more comfortable than the couch, and Y/n and her cousins making a deal he take his bed, it's not like they haven't done this, going on tours had it's perks and cons.

So that is what happened. 

Y/n woke up earlier than usual, most likely because she was in a very interesting place. Then proceeded to wash up and and wear a fresh batch of clothes. Since it was hot, obviously she was by the beach she chose a blue Floral Tie-Front Top, Denim Shorts and blue toe-post sandals. Nothing bad in a  comfortable outfit.

Putting her H/l in a low ponytail in the process.

Current Time. . . 

After eating breakfast, they went on their way to little Homeschool, Steven got a text from Peridot saying Lapis was there. Her cousins needed rest and relaxation, so they stayed by the beach saying  along the lines of "Sun Bathing" and "Surfing". They'll perform tonight anyway, it is better for a musician to get some rest and stress- free.

"There they are!" the duo heard Bismuth's voice. Followed by Peridot and a slim, tall, being about the same height as Pearl. Has cyan skin, cobalt blue chin-length hair with long bangs and fringe that covers her entire forehead, which  looks messier than Tommy's hair, and rounded, and royal blue eyes. Her gemstone is embedded in her back, which takes the form of a water droplet. 

"Hey guys" Steven greeted his other friends. While the female hybrid beside him just stood there, staring at the Lapis Lazuli in front of her.

- She looks like mom in the picture- She thought, not noticing tears running down her cheeks. Steven looked at her in concern as did the other gems. 

"You okay?" Steven's voice brought Y/n back from her trance. feeling the wetness on her cheek, as she hastily wiped the salty tears away. " Ye- yeah" she answered in a shaky voice, steadying her breathing.

Lapis cleared her throat.

" I,, I heard that your mom was a Lapis lazuli?" Lapis asked for confirmation. The H/c girl looked at her and smiled nodding her head in approval.  Then pointed to the tiny gem on her head.

Lapis, now noticing the small detail was taken aback. "Lazuli?" she said in a small whisper, as she held the female hybrid's cheek to get a closer look at the tiny gem.

Y/n couldn't help but stare at Lapis, she was so familiar yet not at the same time. Before she knew it she was reaching out to her, as if an invisible force was drawing her to.

The two made contact. The H/c girl recoiled her hand. " Sorry. . . You just look so much like her" then she let out a small chuckle "And I haven't even met her" a smile of longing was plastered on her face as salty tears  fell down her cheeks.

- Hehe, been there- Steven thought, a fond smile on his face as he watched the scene unfold before him.

The Lapis smiled and took Y/n's hand and placed it to cup her cheek. " We do, don't we" Oh how Lapis missed saying those words, it has been so long, now here she was her long lost companion now back, not as her original self, but apart of her daughter.

The female hybrid lunged forward and wrapped her arms the Lapis lazuli, tightly secured around her as she cried, tears flowing down.

Lapis wrapped her arms around the female as well. She let out a chuckle. " I guess you need a little work on how to control your power?" she asked the H/c girl as they pulled away to face each other. The girl laughed. " Are you kidding? a lot!" The girl replied with a grin.

She wasn't lying though, as much as she can summon the wings on her back, she still needs more practice.