Part 22

I had just left the hospital and gotten back to my apartment for the first time in two days and when I enter all the lights are off and all the curtains are drawn. I feel around and turn on the light switch only to have party poppers go off and all of my friends standing around with a 'welcome home' banner hanging up. I laugh, "you guys do know that I was only gone for two days. Finn? Colin? Did you really drive out here for this." Finn picks me up and spins me around before putting me down, "now what type of ex would I be if I didn't come check on my little Christy." I pout, "I am not little." He puts me down and laughs, "whatever you have to tell yourself." Rachel rolled her eyes, "oh shut it Finn, we just wanted to do something nice. Also I don't know how you survived living with Logan all this time. That man does nothing around here. Speaking of the devil him and Ryan just left for a meeting in the city but he'll be back tonight."

Just as I went to speak I got a call from grandma Hayden, "Christina darling, I have officially had enough." I turn away from my friends, "hi to you too grandma." She sighs, "I'm sorry darling, it's just your father and GG being here, I love them I do but when do you think they'll go home." Mom had told me what happened after dad left the hospital and I asked, "to be honest, I think it's all on dad. I think it's up to him to make the first move. From what I heard he left when things were hard, again. It depends on if either can bring themselves to swallow their pride to try again. I just don't know this time." She sighs, "I feared as much, look I have to go your dad just left so I need to make sure GG keeps the markers off the walls." I laugh, "good luck with that little monster. Give her a hug from her best big sis." "Will do." I hung up and after catching up with friends I went and got ready for my first class since coming back, grandpa's class minus grandpa. (Outfit above.)

I had to fight my way out of the apartment as they all decided that I just had to stay and celebrate my grandpa's recovery. However I knew them too well and that they just wanted to party. I burst through the class to see the lecture already in session and that the young TA at the front stops and looks at me, "name?" I catch my breath then say, "Christina Gilmore. I am so sorry, my friends are really clingy. I practically had to pepper spray them to get here." His face softens and says, "well it's nice to meet the second Gilmore twin. Please take a seat." I nod and rush to my seat and start to take notes, and copying all that I missed.

As the lecture ended the TA stopped me, "Miss Gilmore if I could have a moment." I nod and signal Rory to go on and walk up to his desk, "I promise, I'm not normally this late. It's just been a crazy morning. If my friends had their way I would have entered here off my face." He frowns, "at 10am? Nevermind. I want to formally introduce myself to you, Tucker Culbertson." I nod, "right yeah, I got that from the board." He laughs, "right of course. Well how do you think I did. Did I live up Richard." I shrug, "you did okay, kept to what was left to you and you explained it well. However, in my totally not biased opinion my grandfather is too good for you to match up to." He smiles, "I have to agree, I can't believe how new he is. He is a true inspiration. Maybe we could meet up and you could help me make sense of some of his notes." I clear my throat, "I don't know." He just continues to smile at me, "purely professional of course. You are sort of my student now." I shrug, "I'm sorry, I'll be happy to go over them and get back to you." He hands me some papers, "any extra help would be good."

I went back to my apartment and stood at the door with flowers in his hands was Logan and I crashed into him, "what are you doing here?" He laughs, "don't crush the nice flowers. I couldn't wait for the weekend. Come on let's get inside." As we enter I see a note from Rachel to say she's saying with Colin in his hotel and would be back tomorrow. I sit of couch as Logan puts the flowers in water. He comes and sits next to me, "so how are you?" I nod and cuddle up to him, "really good actually, but.." He looks down at me with a frown, "but what? Did something happen." I shrug, "The TA taking grandpa's class asked to meet outside of lessons so I could help with the notes left. It just felt strange. He did say it was purely professional though so I might be overthinking it." Logan shakes his head, "it does sound strange. What did you say." I cuddle further into him, "I said no, I'm going to read it and give my personal notes to him next lesson." Logan nods, "sounds good, now you want a Disney movie" I look at him like he's dumb, "of course I want a Disney movie."