Disastrous Prom

"Why am I doing this?" Yūji whines to the girl on the right side of him. She holds a large amount of baby blue posters. Yūji is forced to staple them to the walls of their high school.

The upcoming senior prom is the talk of the month. Everyone is excited to go and asking people to go with them already. It's on June the 28th, a month and a bit away, but that didn't halter people's excitement.

"Because I can't do it alone," Nobara says, pompously, and Yūji groans. "You're amazing help," she praises the pink haired boy and he sighs. "You're just trying to please me," Yūji implies and Nobara smiles.

"Yeah, see: You are smart!" She cheers and skips away and Yūji follows along. "Not smart enough to get a date, but hey!" She shrugs and Yūji staples another poster to the wall. Nobara hands out fliers she had prepared.

"As if you have a date," he mutters and Nobara laughs. It isn't her usual sarcastic laugh which throws Yūji off. "I do have a date. It's Maki-san!"

"Yeah, right. As if she'd go out with you."

"She is! Ask her about it!"

The two start to argue and they act friendly to anyone who passed. If they get another detention, they won't be allowed into Prom. Yūji wouldn't mind, but he knows Nobara would kill him.

"Who are you even taking? What are you wearing?" She asks him, handing a poster over. Yūji blushes and Nobara shouts at him.

"You don't have a date?!" She laughs and he yells at her to shut up. "You're as bad as Maki's cousin, Megumi." She says, playfully shoving him into the wall. He loses his footing and falls over. She helps him up, apologising quietly.

"Maybe I can take her..." Yūji says and Nobara hides a laugh beneath her hand. "Sure. You can take 'her'," she laughs again and Yūji frowns.

"I don't have any suits... and my family isn't rich," Yūji mumbles and Nobara frowns. "Steal one of Higuruma-sama's. He adores you," she suggests, shrugging causally. Hiromi Higuruma is Yūji's adopted Dad alongside Yū Haibara.

Yūji's been through the foster system. It was horrible. Addicts and abusers took him home so he could end up back at that facility. It felt like a game of hot potato with tears and blood.

When Higuruma and Haibara fostered him, he felt like he was loved. They adopted him when he was fourteen. He's eighteen now.

"Nah. He needs all his suits for work," Yūji says and Nobara looks at him, unimpressed. She looks around. The scenery around their school isn't the best.

It's a suburban school, with some trees and little homes surrounding the place. The area around the school is filled with rich homes which eventually fade into apartments and townhouses.

The most they can see is some trees and a field. People play soccer on the field.

"The prom is at night. Why would he need it?"

"There are days where he works the night shift, you know?"

Nobara groans at Yūji's lame excuse. "If I steal a suit from my dad, would you wear it?" She asks and Yūji shakes his head and preaches his "nice guy" agenda. "What if my Dad says you could?" She asks a second time and Yūji gives in.

"Fine," he breathes and Nobara smiles. She rubs his head and he smiles and runs after her.

It took two hours to hang up posters around the school. Nobara got her job done. She'd made an Instagram account (@Tokyo.Metro.Prom) for the Prom showing the countdown, amazing outfits, couples and the eventual King and Queen of the Night. She is proud of her work and Yūji is too.

"Let's go get some burgers!" She cheers and Yūji sighs. They both go to the nearby Macca's and get some food. She pays and the two leave. They walk down the streets as they don't live far from each other.

The duo laughs as they walk telling jokes before Nobara spots a spider on Yūji's arm and freezes. Yūji laughs and tries to swat it away. It bites into him, pain rushing through his arm and Nobara picks him up before he faints.

A/N:

Shoutout to luxmins :)
I hope you like it 💓