Spiders are Pains in the As$

Nobara scratches at her bite. She lays on Yūji's bed as he paces across the room. "What are we gonna do?" Yūji asks, voice as shaky as his legs. "Stop freaking out. It isn't deadly," Nobara declares and picks at the dead spider that had stuck to Yūji's skin.
"It's dead..." he says, surprised and Nobara nods. "What are we gonna tell our parents?" He freaks out and Nobara spits at him to calm down again.
"You're starting to sound like you got me pregnant," she complains, "even though I'm a lesbian." She throws the dead Spider out the window and Yūji shivers.
"If we get any symptoms..." she starts to say and fades off.
"I'll text you," he reassures and Nobara nods. The duo hug before Yūji walks her to the door. She looks nervous so they hug again.

"Spiders, huh?" Gojo says, twirling a lollipop between his fingers. The assistant nods, attentively. "It's a rumour," they say and Gojo laughs, light-hearted.
"Well, are there any known incidents surrounding the Spiders?" Gojo asks the assistant again and they nod. "They aren't known to Kenjaku... but-" The assistant emails Gojo a list of suspects who've been bitten.
"We have our suspicions," they finish and Gojo thanks them. They walk off and leave Gojo to look for these people.
It's going to be a long night of writing for Gojo Satoru.

"Superhuman reflexes?" Nobara asks as the duo compare their lists. They are in Yūji's room again, talking about this. "Check," Yūji confirms.
He remembers a book being thrown at him and he caught it. Millimetres away from his face. No one thought too much of it as he was facing the direction of it, slightly zoned out.
"I could sense danger... and where it was," Yūji states and Nobara confirms this on her list. "I called it the Spider's Sense," she says and Yūji laughs. "Hey!" She snaps and he stops, with a dorky smile on his face. Nobara is a downright nerd. She loves people like Iron-Man and the DC Comics.
"So..." he starts and Nobara glares at him, ready for teasing. "We have superpowers?" He asks and her gaze softens. She nods. "Apparently so." They pick up the dead Spider Yūji had kept and observe it.
"It looks like a black widow," Nobara notes and Yūji nods. Nobara grabs a small sewing needle that she'd need for her Textiles assessment and cuts the spider open.
The inside is a little chip which had burnt out and a pouch of venom. Its insides are messed up and Yūji is glad it died quickly.
"What the-" she mutters. "Okay. Who the fuck is doing this?" Yūji takes two needles from Kugisaki and pulls out the chip and the venom pouch.
The pouch is empty so the Venom must be in Yūji's bloodstream and the chip is half-melted. Yūji throws it away. He looks at the pouch and it has a small K in cursive on it. "Kenjaku Labs," Yūji says and passes the pouch to Kugisaki. She observes it and agrees with him. They throw out the spider and clean their hands and Yūji's desk. All in the nick of time because Yūji's dads, Higuruma and Haibara, return home.
"Hello Nobara, Yūji. How are you?" Higuruma asks, calm and Nobara smiles at him. "We're doing well, thank you, Higuruma-sama," she bows and Yūji scratches the back of his neck, smiling. Yūji's dad laughs at her politeness. "Please, call me Hiromi, Nobara," he says, lightly. Haibara tells Higuruma that he is going to pick up dinner.
The trio sit down and Nobara mentions jobs. "Don't rush into anything or take the night shift," Hiromi advises the teens. "If your job stresses you too much, quit." Yūji and Nobara take his advice seriously.
"I'll keep that in mind when I've got the interview," Yūji smiles and Nobara looks shocked. "Where's the interview?" She asks and Yūji smiles.
"At Kenjaku Labs."

The Lab's reception is much larger than Yūji thought. In his imagination it was this tiny box office. It is so much more than that.
It has clean marble floors with lots of natural sunlight. The reception desk is clean and grey. It's all modern and sleek. The computers look so new too.
Yūji walks up to the receptionist, who is typing away. He has blue hair and grey eyes... scary.
Yūji cleared his throat and he looked up. "Are you here for a job interview?" He asks, kindly. Kind? Yūji was expecting him to yell at him for not using the bell.
"Uh... yes," Yūji says, voice tight and he laughs.
"Follow me."

They walk up one flight of stairs before reaching a second room. It is an office with a mediocre view but lots of sunlight.
In the middle of the room is a wooden desk with a tall man sitting at it. He is double the height of Yūji. He has white hair, with brown eyes and pale skin. The white button up he's wearing has the sleeves rolled up and lines of black roll up his forearms. Tattoos weren't commonplace in the Japanese Workspace.
"Hanami-san! This is another interviewee!" Blue says and walks off. Yūji hands Hanami a resume, while bowing, and the man laughs. "Take a seat, Itadori," Hanami points towards the chair in front of him and Yūji sighs slightly.
"So... why did you choose us?"

Author's Note

I did a bunch of drawings yesterday so I'm happy :)
Can be seen on my IG @/skyes.not.drawing