Nightmare

Yūji swings into the library, dropping off a book that Megumi had forgotten. He copied the librarian's signature, expertly, and placed the book on the shelf. He sighed, content with his work.

Light footsteps approached him and he saw an old man with greased back black hair. He was tall and pale with high cheekbones. Yūji steady himself, ready for a second round. He closes his eyes, for a quick moment, remembering the electricity gun.

Kenjaku twirls it between his fingers.

Yūji tries to keep his balance but the ground seems to sway beneath his feet, the world twisting and turning, cruelly. Kenjaku laughs at the world and tries to hit Yūji. He leaps and the shot misses.

Kenjaku fires, carelessly, and hits Yūji as he loses his balance. The suit freezes in motion and Yūji panics.

Not again, not again, not again!

Kenjaku places the gun carefully on a collapsed bookshelf, the books all open and ripped. Yūji's surprised none have caught fire.

Yūji twists and turns his head to keep Kenjaku from pulling his mask off. "Stop!" He shouts at the man as he cackles above Yūji holding him still.

"Keep still, Spider," he says, "I'm the one who made you."

Yūji continues to sob and Kenjaku pulls off the mask. He sees Yūji's tear struck face and laughs.

"Itadori Yūji. Why am I not surprised? Of course it's you," he grabs the gun again and Yūji squeezes his eyes shut. Kenjaku smirks and continues to claw and Yūji can't move.

"Stop" he wants to scream but his mouth won't move.

It hurts, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts.

Megumi walks down the hallway and hears little shuffling noises. Sobs and suppressed screams come from Yūji's room and Megumi quickly opens the door.

Yūji's fast asleep but his body is reacting.

His eyes are squeezed tightly shut, his hands scratching at the wounds. He sobs and clenches his teeth.

Megumi closes the door and runs up to the boy. They pull the hands away from Yūji's face and shouts at him. "Itadori!" They shout and the boy scratches at his skin.

"Goddamn it, Yūji!" They shout and Yūji opens his eyes. Megumi sighs and sobs. "Fu- Fushi-" he tries to speak but Megumi lays on top of him and squeezes him tightly.

They feel stupid for feeling hurt. Yūji's pain is justified. Megumi feels guilt weighing on their shoulders.

Yūji's arms snake around Megumi's waist and they pull their head away from his shoulder. Yūji presses their noses together, eyes shut, gently. "I'll go get some plasters," Megumi says and Yūji nods softly.

Yūji groans once Megumi is out of sight. He had the perfect opportunity to kiss them and missed it. His face is aching in pain and his chest does too. Yūji sits up so it's easier for Megumi.

Tears run down his face still and Megumi holds tissues, cream, and medical aid. They clean Yūji's face, sitting on his lap, leaning over him. They do the cleaning and Yūji relaxes against the touch of them.

Megumi patches him up and finishes with a smile. "There," they say and Yūji chuckles lightly. Megumi clenches onto Yūji's hands and brushes their lips against his. They try to run away but Yūji keeps their wrist in his hand.

Yūji cups their face and kisses them firmly. Their bodies entangle with one another, one of Megumi's legs in between Yūji's and Megumi's waist is soft against Yūji's hands.