Forty (Smut)

Adler had a nice house, quite a lot of space, two floors with many bedrooms and almost as many bathrooms.

The heart piece was the garden.

Every time Adler was home for a while he dedicated all his time to the garden. It was the easiest way to minimise the contact to his wife.

That way he had a reason to keep himself occupied.

As someone who grew up in the States, this wasn't entirely impressive to you. But it was enough to make you stop and admire it.

"You did some work.", you noticed as you stopped in the living room. "Didn't know you were a handyman."

With an amused expression, he handed you a cup of coffee.

"I'm not.", he took a sip. "Just stingy."

"Ah. So someone didn't want to pay the professionals."

"Exactly."

He sat down on the couch and looked out of the window.

The house was in the middle of a good neighbourhood in D.C, not far from the white house, but far enough to forget that it existed.

You had requested a house on the other side of the State of Maryland. That way you had an excuse why you couldn't come over every other day.

It wasn't that you wanted to avoid Russell, despite the growing feelings you developed for him, but because of his wife.

She hated you with a passion, either for being the closest person to her husband, even before her, or because you had unintentionally insulted her the first time the two of you had met.

Russell had found a way to meet anyways.

Every other weekend she drove down to North Carolina to visit her sister and parents, who all still lived in the town she had been born and raised in.

Russell used every single of those opportunities to call and invite you over.

Every month you were able to look at the date and know what time he'd call.

At some point you didn't even reply anymore, you just picked up the phone so he knew you were informed and then you drove to visit him.

They had a guest room, but most of the times you two passed out on the couch after nights of stories and drinking.

He also liked to take you out for food and activities, like friends, of course, to avoid rumours amongst the neighbours.

He really was a different man outside his duties, eager to chase the biggest thrill, yet calmer and less reserved.

The war had still changed him, but he wasn't as broken as you had expected him to be.

"I hope you brought some clothes.", he said.

You showed him your luggage, the one he'd gifted you as a birthday present.

"Packed for the weekend.", you smiled.

"You can stay longer."

"I doubt your wife would like to see me."

"She's gone for a bit. Her father is sick."

You dropped next to him.

"Shouldn't you be there with her?", you asked and drank the coffee.

"Her parents never liked me. He's supposed to go in peace not distress about his son in law."

A soft chuckle made your chest shiver.

"Christmases must be fun.", you joked.

He didn't smile.

Instead, he took of his shades, threw them onto the coffee table and locked eyes with you.

"I don't know how long this can continue.", he said in a serious tone. "She knows you come over a lot. By yourself."

You pulled a face.

"Nice... I suppose this will be the last time then?"

It hurt to ask that question.

But in the end it was unavoidable.

"For a while.", he confirmed. "But I don't want to let you go like this. It's not... enough."

You placed your empty cup next to his glasses and took his to do the same with it.

You knew what he wanted to imply.

And you weren't mad.

You wanted it too. Because the thought of never seeing him again or at least not for a long time, made you crave more.

"We're terrible people.", you said.

"I know.", he pulled you into a gentle kiss. "But she isn't faithful either."

"That doesn't make us any better."

"Angel... stop defending her. Stop making us worse than we are. The only thing you can blame us for is being fools who avoid the obvious."

With a soft smile, you kissed him.

His lips were just as soft as you remembered even though you had tried not to kiss him after war anymore.

That attempt had failed many times.

Slowly, he let his hand slide over your side to pull you closer.

Without complain, you positioned yourself on his lap.

Immediately, he took that as an invitation to let his hands slide under your shirt and caress the scarred skin.

His touch send shivers down your spine.

It was strange, but Russell had always been surprisingly gentle. It didn't seem like him. But he always made sure that the start was a pleasant one.

You shifted in his lap, causing your middle to rub against his crotch.

He let out a low sound. His pants already started to feel tight.

"Angel...", he whispered and bit your bottom lip so hard that it left another mark.

"Russell.", you replied and placed a trail of kisses on the scarred side of his face, over his throat where you bit down to mark him as well.

In that moment it didn't matter that she'd find out what you two were doing while she was gone.

Nothing mattered anymore.

After all, it might be the last time.

His grip on you tightened as he pushed his hips up to enjoy the feeling of your weight rubbing against him.

"(Y/N)...", he breathed and got you out of that shirt of yours. "Why?"

With a soft smile, you shook your head and slid between his legs to free his already hard dick from the prison of fabric.

You let your tongue stroke the swollen tip a few times before looking up again.

"You don't want to know the real reason, Russell...", you whispered, almost able to see love in his eyes. "You wouldn't look at me like this anymore. But I never want you to stop... Not until it's too late."