drunk talk

"hey jungwon, wanna come join us for some drinks? it's a friday after all..." a senior asked jungwon from the hallway.

"sure!" jungwon smiled. it was coincidentally his off-day and he could finally relax and have some find like a normal university student.

"yay! feel free to bring along your friends! i'll text you the details" the senior said.

jungwon nodded as he secretly cheered in his heart.

i wonder if jay is free...

the younger dialed jay.

"jay! are you free tonight? we are having a drinking party. i already sent you the location!" jungwon said excitedly.

"tonight? i'm sorry jungwon, i have work at the gaming cafe...."jay replied, sadness evident in his tone.

"oh.... that's alright...um stay safe" jungwon replied, disappointed.

guess it'll just be me...

"one shot! one shot! one shot"
the games were endless. jungwon decided to let lose and drink all he wanted. he felt the stress slowly leave his body as the alcohol swallowed him. one shot after another, he got drowsy and decided to breathe some fresh air outside. slumping in the bench, he pouted slightly.

it was already past midnight. jungwon secretly wished that jay was here.

"jungwon, wake up. it's me jay" jay spoke softly as he kneeled in front of the younger, staring at his reddish face.

"who are you? you're not my jay. you're smelly...."jungwon frowned in confusion. well, he wasn't wrong. jay literally ran here as soon as his shift ended.

jay scoffed and gave him a light finger flick.

"ouch what was that for!" jungwon shouted, rubbing his forehead.

"for not recognising me you dummy" jay replied.

just then, jungwon blacked out, his head leaning against the wall. chuckling, jay walked into the restaurant and took jungwon's belongings.

"hey jay! i thought you couldn't make it tonight? jungwon kept muttering your name haha" one of the seniors teased jay.

"was busy with work heh.... thanks for keeping jungwon occupied. we'll get going now!" jay replied and waved them goodbye.

seeing the younger's steady breathing made jay feel so warm. he was initially drained from work but seeing his lifeline washed away all his fatigue.

slowly, he bent down and carried jungwon on his back. he was so light and small, making the older want to protect him even more.

"what... what are you doing.... put me.... down.... you're not jay you're not jay" jungwon whined drowsily on jay's back, slurring over some of his words. jay ignored him and continued walking down the street.

"do you really want jay to be here?" jay questioned him, curious to see his response.

"of... of course... he's my first.... no second most favourite person in the world." jungwon said proudly, his head resting on jay's shoulder.

"and who's the first?" jay asked.

"my grandma.... but jay was there for me when she passed on. he's.... he's my soulmate....."jungwon said.

jay smirked. seeing the younger confess his real emotions made him so happy. he had to treasure this opportunity.

"and do you like him? more than just a friend?" jay asked, feeling slightly nervous to hear his response. he tightened his grip on the younger's body as they walked through the city streets.

"i.... i think...i... do" jungwon muttered before he fell asleep.

butterflies erupted in jay's stomach. smiling brightly, he carried jungwon back home safely.