Meet In The Woods

You waited a good 5 minutes before Eddie appeared behind you, scaring you.

"Woah! Hey! Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you. You okay?"

"Eddie! I thought you were Jason or something! Giving me a heart attack over here. But yeah, I'm fine."

"Okay good."

He then sat across from you at the bench.

"So, why did you want to meet here?"

"Well, I wanna talk about a couple of things. One, you come to me if Jason or anyone else is bothering you. Trust me, they don't like me. I'll scare them away. Second, do you fully know how to play D&D?"

"One, okay I will. And two, kinda."

"Alright, I'll teach you during the match."

"Great!"

He smiled as you smiled. It kind of threw him off. He never really felt this happy with anyone else besides the Hellfire Club, but this was a different type of happy. He was gaining feelings for you but didn't want to admit it. He didn't know how to react to this kind of happy that he was feeling since it's been a while since he's actually gained feelings for someone. He also didn't want to accept it since he just met you and he found it weird a bit to like someone he just met.

"Uh, anyway, I will come to get you at 7 tonight. Do you need a ride home?"

"Yeah, that would be great."

"Okay, let's go."

You both got up and started walking to his car. He opened the door for you and climbed in after you did. You told him your address and you were on your way. On the drive there, he explained some things to you so you kinda knew what was happening. Once you got to your house, you jumped out of his car and waved him goodbye. You didn't even give him time to open the door for you or anything. You walked through the front door seeing your mom in the kitchen.

"Hey mom."

"Hey sweetie! How was school?"

"It sucked."

"Why?"

"Because I'm being bullied by like half of the people there. But, it's only because the basketball captain is doing it, so everyone else has to do it just to fit in with the crowd."

"Honey, you never know. He could like you."

"No way! He has a girlfriend. At least, that's what I've heard."

"Okay then. Well, here's dinner."

She served you a plate of food. She sat across from you. You both ate the meal. Though, you were questioning wether you should tell your mom about Eddie or not.

"Hey mom."

"Yes?"

"Can I tell you about someone?"

"Of course you can."

"Okay, well, there's this boy I think I might like. He stands up to my bullies. He's tall, he has long black curly hair and these beautiful brown eyes. And his smile is just perfect."

Your mom just smiled at you.

"Sounds like somebody has a crush."

"Mom!"

You blushed in your hands. You quickly finished your meal. You went to go wash off your plate.

"By the way, he's picking me up for a D&D match tonight. And I guess you're not too far off. I think I do have a crush on him. I just like how he did all of that for me when he didn't have to. Especially for a newbie because.. you know.. nobody likes the newbies."

Just as you said that, there was a knock at the door. Your mom went to answer it. She saw the tall boy with brown eyes and black curly hair standing in front of her.

"Are you Eddie?"

"Yep. That's me."

"My daughter has told me a lot about you."

She took a short glance at you. Eddie did the same.

"Oh really?"

"Yep."

You then walked over to both of them once you were done.

"Yeah, mom that's Eddie and Eddie this is my mom. Okay, we have to go now. Bye, love you mom!"

You said that in a rushed tone before closing the door and heading to Eddie's car. He just smiled at your behavior and climbed into the car.

"So, you told your mom about me?"

"...yeah."

"Well, I take that as a compliment."

"Oh, really?"

"Yep."

"Huh."

The rest of the ride was sort of quiet. He would say something every now and then but it wasn't much. Soon enough, you got to school.