Chapter Eight: The Upside Down

uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɥʇ
ʇɥƃıǝ ɹǝʇdɐɥɔ

I wasn't sure but I think Jonathan was about to kiss Nancy or at least tell her he likes her. They looked like they were going to kiss at least. I'll keep saying it as much as I need to but Nancy and Jonathan would make a cute couple.

We were looking at the door when a familiar voice came through. "Jonathan? Are you there, man? It's... it's Steve! Listen, I just want to talk!" He yelled, banging on the door again. Nancy went to stand up and I put my hand up to stop her. "I'll deal with him," I told her. I walked over to the door and opened it just enough that he could see me but not into the house. "Steve, listen to me," I said.. - Hey. YN, what—" I cut him off. "You need to leave," I told him. "What? No, I'm not trying to start anything, okay?" He said.

I sighed, "I don't care about that. You need to leave. Now," I said. He looked at me confused, "No, no, no. Listen, I messed up, okay? I messed... I messed up. Okay? Really. Please. I. just want to make things right. Okay? Please. Please..." he stammered. I placed my bandaged hand on the wall next to the door while the other one was on the door handle.
"Hey, what happened to your hand? Is that blood? Are you—" I cut Steve's rambling off. "Nothing. It was an accident. I'm a klutz," I said. He narrowed his eyes at me, "Yeah, what's going on?" He asked. "Nothing. Now leave, Harrington," I said.

I went to close the door but he stopped me, "Wait a sec. Did he do this to you?" He asked, grabbing my hand. I sighed and pulled my hand away and shook my head, "No. Now leave!" I said again. I went to shut the door but he pushed his way through, YN, let me in!" He said. "Wait! No, Steve!" He stopped in the kitchen and looked around. "What is... What the..." he stammered. I walked over and stood in front of him, "You need to get out of here, Steve."

Jonathan came up and grabbed him by the shirt, "get out of here," he said. "Whoa. What is all—" Steve stuttered. LListen to me. I'm not asking you, I'm telling you, get out of here!" Jonathan yelled. "What is that smell? Is that... is that gasoline?" He asked. I heard a gun cock, "Steve, get out!" I turned to see Nancy pointing a gun at him. "Wait. What? What is going on?" Steve stuttered, holding his hands in the air.

"You have five seconds to get out of here," Nancy told him. "Okay, is this a joke? Stop. Put the gun down," he said. I stepped back in front of him and started to push on his chest to move him back towards the door. "I'm doing this for you," she said. "Steve, you need to leave. Now." I pushed his chest again but he would move.

"Nancy. YN."

"Wait. Is this a... What is this?" He asked but Nancy slowly moved her finger to the tigger. "Three. Two," she said. "No, no, no! No, no!" Steve rushed out. Nancy! YN!The lights.It's here!" Jonathan yelled. Me and Nancy turned around to see the light flickering. "Wait, what's here?" Steve asked but I didn't answer. "Where is it?" Nancy asked. "Where is what?" Steve asked. Nancy spun around, pointing the gun. Steve and I ducked out of the way. "Whoa! Easy with that" I told her. "Where is it?" Nancy asked.

Jonathan grabbed my bat and threw it to me. Him and Nancy were back to back spinning in circles while I stood in front of Steve. "Where is it?" I asked, tightening my grip on my bat. "I don't know. I don't see it," Jonathan said. "Where is what?" Steve asked me again.
"Hello? Will someone please explain to me what the hell is going—" he was cut off by banging and crashing.