Chapter sixteen🫶🏼

Evelyn's pov

While we were in the car the only noise was the radio playing in the background of the empty space around us. I watched as the big yellow busses pulled into the school.

Salvatore and Romeo had this awkward silence and it made me and Sergio look at them in confusion. Once Romeo stopped the car Salvatore opened the door and quickly got out.

I watched as he walked into the school like he owns the whole school. My door was opened and I looked up to see Romeo with a small smile on his face.

He stuck out his hand and I grabbed it, letting him help me out of the car. I looked around and saw many eyes on me, I put my head down and tried to just ignore the stares but I felt holes burning in the side of my head.

"Lift your chin it shows confidence." I looked over at Sergio to see him with a blank face, I raised my chin like he told me to and I looked forward at the large high school that stood in front of me, students sitting by their friends and talking lively, then you had some that just put their headphones in and walked into the school with their heads down.

Romeo grabbed my hand and started to walk to the front of the school, Sergio was behind me almost like a shield.

Once we got into the school Salvatore came out of no where making me jump slightly. He shoved something into Romeo's chest and then looked down at me and put two textbooks in front of my face.

I grabbed the books and mumbled a quick 'thanks' to which he just shrugged. Romeo opened the paper and then looked back at Salvatore with anger clear in his eyes.

"She said she didn't want to do that class." Salvatore shrugged and Romeo scuffed while pushing past him. He squeezed my hand lightly and then handed me the paper.

I opened it and looked at all of my classes, I saw a few that were fine until I saw one that wasn't. I looked up at Romeo and shook my head although he wasn't looking at me.

I stayed quiet as he walked me all the way to my first class. Before he let go of my hand he stopped walking and turned to me. "Meet one of us out here after class." I nodded my head and he patted my head before walking away.

I watched him walk all the way down the hall and then I finally opened the door. I walked in and saw a dull looking classroom with an older man sitting at a big wooden desk.

He seemed mean but I didn't want to judge so I walked over to his desk and stood there patiently. He glanced up at me and pulled his eyebrows together. "I'm new here, I just wanted to introduce myself, I'm Evelyn Leone." His face turned pale and I got a little worried for a second.

I was about to ask if he was okay but he just pointed to a desk. "Take a seat there, I-I'm Mr.Robin." I nodded and turned to the empty desk.

After a few minutes of taking down notes and what not, the door of the classroom opened and someone walked into the silent room. I didn't look up because for one I don't care, and two I don't care.

The seat next to me moved and I continued to do my notes on Shakespeare. A pen came into my view and it tapped my paper, I put my pencil down and looked over.

I froze and felt my eyes widen. "Zion?" My voice came out as a question and he chuckled. His eyes grew wide and put a hand over his mouth. "Omg, Evelyn?" His tone was sarcastic and I rolled my eyes.