Chapter twenty-four🫶🏼

Romeo's pov

I never understand my siblings, we shared three things in common and that was. We were all males, we all wanted to find our baby sister, and that we were all in the mafia. So it came as a big shock to see Luca in the kitchen alone smiling to himself.

Luca had taught us to hide all emotions out in public and to keep any love life hidden. When I had turned 16 I had a girlfriend and just to prove that stupid point, Luca shot her in front of me.

I had woken up at 3 am due to having a bad dream and I went to get something to drink when I had seen Luca. His body was relaxed and he looked more like my brother than my father. His shoulders dropped as he blew out a breath of air and dropped a baby photo of who I'm guessing is Evelyn.

I was about to turn around when I heard the voice of my eldest brother. "Romeo. You should be asleep, no?" I turned to see Luca pressing a glass of whiskey to his lips. He had on a black shirt and some sweats and it almost made me laugh at how Evelyn has never seen him without a suit.

I nodded and he sighed while nodding toward the space next to him. I walked over to the spot and placed my back on the counter while looking forward at the white wall in front of me. I heard Lucas's glass hit the table with a small click sound and it pulled my attention to the half empty bottle that rested behind me.

He looked forward at the wall and sighed, but it didn't seem to be a sigh of relief, it seemed more like a sigh of tension as his shoulders went back to their stiff position. "You still don't talk much, but I just need to know your opinion before anyone else." I nodded my head, agreeing to at least listen to what he had to say.

He ran his hand down his face while reaching for the bottle again. Before he could grab it I pulled it away from his hands and glared at him. He put his hands up and blew out a breath of air before speaking. "Thank you for that. And what I wanted to talk to you about was if you think we should give Evelyn back to Lana...she would be taken care of and she would be protected." Anger rose in me as I eyed the bottle in my hand and I had to will myself not to chuck it at his head.

As I was about to answer I heard a small whimper and I looked towards the stairs. I waited again and I didn't hear anything for a few seconds before a high pitch scream echoed through the house.

Luca sobered up quickly as we both ran up the stairs to Evelyn's room. I had my gun out and Luca had his knife out. As we got closer we heard small whimpers, everything in my body froze as we reached her door.

I shoved it open and stopped in my tracks with my gun pointed out in front of me. I looked around the room and saw Evelyn in her bed with no one else in the room. It was empty, but she still tossed in her bed like she was being attacked.

I walked over to her side and tried to grab her hand but she pulled it away and swung it out, I quickly ducked under her arm and looked at her with wide eyes. "Eves, come on it's just a drea-" I was cut short by a light smack to my face.

It was light but due to the shock, my head had whipped to the side. I was going to hold her hands down until she started to scream and kick in the air. "Get away from me! Please, get the hell away from me!" My heart shattered as I turned my head to her door.

All of my brothers looked past me and stared at our flailing baby sister in her own bed, it was like she was stuck in a trance. Luca came forward and he signaled the twins in with him.