Exposure with details.

Rider's P.O.V

Roux whirled around. His glare intensely dark. "I wish I could tell you, Rider, but I'm not sure you'd view me the same." He said briefly.

"Why?" I accused.

His eyes flashed and had taken a dangerous red tone. "Because I killed a girl! She was the princess of a kingdom my parents were trying to combine with. We were consorting and..."

"And then you bit her?"I guessed.

He nodded. "Her family went ballistic and not to mention I exposed us all." He added oddly.

I studied him. "Okay, so you killed a girl?" I tried to keep my nerves under control.

"And that doesn't scare you?" He edges closer to me.

"No." I gulped.

He chuckled with evil smirk. "It should." He warned.

"We need to get some rest." I pushed passed him. "Where's my bedroom?" I asked without staring back at him.

"Upstairs." He said briefly. I headed up without another pause.

-----*'*-----

In the morning I felt the sun's warm rays on my skin. I sat up and checked out my temporary room. The walls were a bland white color with cracks running along the wall. I shifted my eyes to the door. Roux was standing there with an amused look. His hair and eyes were dark again. I frowned at him. "What?" He smiled.

"I sort of liked you all blonde and green-eyed." I said softly.

He chuckled. "What me to change it?" He teased.

I nodded. For a moment he just studied me. And as he did, his eyes grew lighter and so did his hair. I felt my mouth drop as I watched. "How'd you do that!?!" I asked stunned.

He laughed. "I'm a vampire! I can change my appearance whenever I want." He said.

"So you can look like anyone?" I asked excitedly.

He smirked. "Sort of. I can change things, but not everything."

"What can't you change?" I asked interested.

"My bone structure. I can change my hair, eye, and skin color, but I can't change that." He sounded almost disappointed.

"Wait, the other night there was hairspray. How do you explain that?" I raised an eyebrow.

He looked down, coyly. "That night...I had returned from hunting...and whenever I don't eat I can't do certain things..." He trailed off.

"What can you do?" I tried to ease the focus off his eating.

"Why don't we discuss that over some breakfast?" He offered just as my stomach grumbled.

I followed him downstairs. "So is it true that Vampires have these special abilities?" I questioned as we settled in to the kitchen.

"Yeah." He said nonchalantly as he opened the fridge.

"What kind of stuff can you do then?" I pressed.

"Besides changing my appearance?" He raised an eyebrow as he fried up some eggs.

"Yeah. Are you the only one that can do that?" I asked.

"Yeah, I am. I'm strong and fast too. And I can camouflage myself in whatever surrounding." He smiled.

"That's cool. Can Cairo do anything special like that?"

He nodded. "Cairo's lucky enough to read minds. He can also control people with it." He boasted.

I gasped a little out of fear. Roux turned his head to look at me and laughed. "Where is Cairo?" I asked.

"That's a good question." He pondered off. I wondered if he was hiding things from me. What if Roux could read my mind too? Oh, my gosh! What if he heard my all those times I was checking him out! I felt my cheeks redden as I came to the realization that-"We should get moving soon." He interrupted my thoughts.

I felt my eyes widen with confusion. "Wait. What? Where are we going?" I demanded.

"I have to keep you away from the Adumbration." He warned.

"But I can't just leave everything. Besides they won't hurt me will they?" I said taking the plate of food from him.

His jaw clenched. "It's hard to say, but why won't you come with me?" He sounded a but hurt.

"Why should I?" I tested each word as they slipped from my lips.

-Ohhh!!!! Do you think Rider is going to leave Roux?

•Hey, everyone! Like I mentioned before; there's been a lot of stressful & horrible things thts been happening in my life at the moment, & apologize for not uploading & for the short uploads, but it's the best tht I can do at the moment. Hope you enjoyed though!

-Comment & Vote!

-Become a fan(maybe?)