Chapter 1 - A Little Lie

It was a rainy day in Washington. Clouds covered the sky making everything look darker than usual. It was a Wednesday so most of the people were working at their jobs.

Everything seemed normal until...

A motorcycle rushed through the roads. The driver seemed to be in a hurry. It was like it's now or never. It broke some rules here and there but luckily, there was no police car around.

The vehicle stopped at the police station and a young woman got off it. She quickly made her way up the stairs and opened the door without any hesitation.

"Good day, ma'am. How can I help you?" a man spoke up as he looked at the woman.

"I'm looking for Don Davis. I'd like to interview him." the woman replied while looking around nervously.

"Wait..." the man shook his head. "You want to interview the chief?"

The woman nodded firmly.

"This is the best thing I've heard today!" the man started laughing.

The woman squinted her eyes and hit the table as she leaned close to him.

"I'm not here to mess around. He's a suspect and I need to find him. Now."

"Who even are you?" another man walked up to her.

The woman sighed and grabbed her ID card.

"I'm Claire Redfield."

"Oh, of course! The big legend, Chris Redfield's little sister." the first man chuckled. "Guess the rumors were true about the Redfields. All of them are crazy in the head, aren't they?"

He leaned closer and looked into her eyes challengingly.

"Don't you dare talk about us like that..." Claire muttered angrily.

The second man shook his head.

"Fine. He's not here today so I'll call him." he sighed and grabbed his phone.

As soon as he was about to dial his number, a tall man walked in.

"Ah, there he is." the police man put his phone away.

Claire slowly turned around to see her suspect. He was wearing elegant clothing and sunglasses. His brown hair was combed back in a stylish way and his smile was mischievous.

"Ah, look at that! I didn't expect Chris' sister to be this... stunning." he took off his glasses and measured her.

Claire let out an angry grunt as a reply.

"I have a few words for you, Don!" she put her hands on her waist.

"I'm all ears." Don smiled innocently and led her to his office.

He sat down to his desk and turned to Claire with a satisfied smile.

"Take a seat." he pointed at the chair on the other side of the desk.

Claire sighed and sat down. She grabbed her bag, took out three photos and placed them on the desk.

"Don't even deny what you did." she looked at him in the eyes.

Don took a look at the photos.

"Hm. So you come into my office and blame me for killing these men." he looked up at her. "Alright, you have photos of dead people, great. Where's the proof that I did it?"

Claire frowned at his answer.

"You can't be serious..."

"Listen darling, even if I did it, why would a chief do that? It makes no sense. I'm here to keep the world safer and not the other way around." he added while staring at her.