Chapter 11 - The Plan

"YOU WHAT? WHY? WHEN?" Chris yelled up angrily as he was driving.

Claire looked out the window and sighed to herself. They were still in New York's big streets. She was looking for the Chinese lady for help.

"Listen, we need to save Leon. Please." she spoke up; her voice shaking a bit from feeling nervous about this whole situation.

"I know. We will. But why didn't you tell me this earlier?!" Chris grunted angrily.

"The Chinese woman told me not to! We need to find her, she's our only key."

"You don't even know this lady, do you...?"

"Chris! Please! She wants to help Leon just like me!" she begged in sorrow.

All she wanted was to be next to Leon and cuddle with him as she apologizes to him. Was this so hard to ask?

"Fine. And where should we look?" he finally asked as he slowed down with the vehicle.

"Well, my only guess is the Chinese restaurant not so far away from here. I mean, that would make sense."

Chris nodded and headed there with the car. He parked and they made their way inside. The restaurant was quite big and its walls were red with gold patterns on it. It looked beautiful.

They walked up to a table and took a seat.

"Alright..." Claire started scanning the area with her eyes.

"Do you see her?" Chris asked silently to not draw anyone's attention.

"Hmm... No." she stated and sighed. "I have no idea where she could be if she's not here..."

Silence broke out between the two. A waitress walked up to them happily. She had an interesting Chinese accent.

"下午好! What can I get for you?"

"Uhh..." Claire started thinking as she looked at the menu.

"Nothing. We're waiting for someone." Chris interrupted her with his firm tone.

The waitress blushed a bit and nodded.

"Sorry for bothering." she said in an unsure tone and walked away.

Claire turned to her brother a bit angrily.

"Why did you do that?? She looked so offended!" she crossed her arms.

"I couldn't care less. We didn't come here to eat snails and other animals." he shrugged and started looking around.

Claire shook her head and started doing the same. Her gaze stopped on a lady on the other side with short black hair and a red dress. She slowly got up and made her way to her table. She was sitting alone drinking something. Chris noticed this and followed his sister.

They sat down opposite her without a word but it didn't seem like the lady was confused. It seemed like she knew what was going on.

"I couldn't make it more obvious." she put down her mug. "I'm glad you were smart enough to find me."

Claire squinted her eyes a bit.

"You did a great job, Redfield girl." she looked at her. "I broke his glasses and threw it into the ocean."

"Are you serious??" Chris shook his head. "Why would you do that?? Now he knows that we know!"

"He knew that we knew the whole time. Don't worry about it." Ada started stirring her drink with a small spoon.

"You're so calm. What gives?" Claire joined the conversation; feeling curious.

"I have already planned out everything. There's no way we're losing." she smiled a bit as she took out a small paper from her bag.