Chapter 2 - The Perfect Outfit

Claire decided to head to the plaza to buy herself a nice outfit. After all, she wanted to look nice on Friday. She couldn't decide whether she wanted to look good for her suspect or for Leon. Her feelings were all mixed up.

She headed inside her favorite store and started looking around.

"Claire! Long time no see!" a familiar voice called out to her.

Claire slowly turned around and faced an old friend of hers, Zoe. Zoe was known for being a loud person and a party animal. Not Claire's style at all. But they had a nice relationship. Zoe used to be an journalist too, just like Claire but she gave up and went on a different path. Now she's preparing parties and she's pretty good at her job.

"How ya doin'?" Zoe walked up to her and raised her right hand.

"Hi Zoe." Claire waved at her shyly but then she became confused as soon as she saw what Zoe did.

She had no idea what she might want.

"No high five?" Zoe asked in a sad tone.

"Oh! Sorry!" Claire laughed awkwardly and gave her one. "I didn't know what you meant at first."

Zoe changed a lot over the years. Her hair was long and tied up in a bun and it was dyed black and green. She put on some makeup, mostly lipstick and her clothes really showed her style. It made her look different from everyone. It was visible that she loved the spotlight.

Zoe put her hands on her hips as she talked.

"No worries. Anyways, what are you lookin' for?" she asked curiously.

"Uhh... A nice dress." Claire replied in an unsure tone.

"A dress? What the hell? You and a dress?" Zoe giggled a bit. "Are you gettin' married or what?"

"Haha, very funny." Claire shook her head playfully. "I'm talking seriously."

Zoe seemed even more surprised than she already was.

"Alright, follow me."

She started making her way to the skirts and dresses.

"So, what kind of dress do you have on your mind?" she turned to face her as she stopped walking.

"Hmm..." Claire started thinking. "Something fancy. Like something a lady would wear on a date."

Zoe frowned and laughed a bit.

"So you're having a date? This makes sense now!"

Claire's face turned visibly red as her friend said this. She shook her head firmly.

"It's not really a date! I'm interviewing someone." she explained.

Zoe raised one of her eyebrows.

"Are you for real? No one wears a dress on an interview, Claire."

"I know but I need to pretend like I'm someone's girlfriend and I'm so fricking nervous... I need your help." she covered her face in embarrassment.

"Damn. The things you do for your job." Zoe's eyes widened and she turned to the clothes. "Something fancy, you say..."

She started looking through the dresses while thinking what would fit Claire and what would not.

Claire looked at her curiously.

"Okay, how about this?" she took out a red dress.

Claire analyzed it. It reached under her thighs and it wasn't too revealing, only the back part had a cutout, revealing the back.