Rooster 1.1

"Joker get out of my way!" Rooster's voice was heard over the radio by the pilots, the operators back at base and Johanna, who was relentlessly pursuing the enemy plane.

"Lay off, Chicken" She said, "I got this"

She increased her speed, copying the enemy's moves trying to get a lock on them.

"You are putting yourself, not to mention us, in danger right now!"

"Then leave. I'll deal with him myself"

After another few seconds, Johanna predicted the enemy's next move, allowing her to get a lock on them and release the missiles. Before the missiles reached the plane, though, she switched to guns and shot at the plane as a distraction, allowing the missiles to hit the enemy directly.

"He's down" she informed once the plane exploded. The momentary fire and dust that was left over from the explosion obstructed her vision for a short moment until it cleared away.

As the dust disappeared and she began to see again she realised there was land not 100 meters in front of her. That's when she also began hearing the panicked shouts of her colleagues, "Joker watch out!", "Joker mountain!"

After a short moment of hesitation she regained her senses and pulled the joystick, pointing her plane upwards to avoid the fast-approaching mountain.

If she waited any longer she would have hit the mountain head on, although she didn't leave this encounter unscathed. At least her plane didn't.

Because as she narrowly evaded the mountain, an unexpected fallen tree stuck out. Johanna didn't have enough time to react and her right wing hit it with an immense amount of force.

The tree was thrown off the mountain, tumbling down the side rapidly and creating deep craters wherever it hit the ground.

Johanna, however, was sent into a spin after losing half of her wing.

She was spinning out of control at a ridiculous speed.

"Shit, shit, shit!" She exclaimed, frantically trying to get control of her damaged aircraft.

"I told you, Joker! You never listen!" Rooster yelled at her.

"This is not the time, Rooster!" Phoenix silenced him.

As the plane spun around and around, Johanna began to feel very dizzy and sick, which only made trying to take control so much harder.

After a few more seconds she gained very unstable control of the aircraft.

"Okay, okay we're good. I'm good," she informed everyone through the radio, "shit, I've lost a wing. Well, half of one"

"Joker, the carrier is at a 035° bearing to you. Get to it immediately but safely. One wrong move and you fall" one of the operators instructed.

"Yeah, no pressure" Johanna commented.

She tried to keep the plane as stable as possible at a very low speed, however that was extremely difficult to do as planes were obviously not built to fly with one and a half wings.

The plane would not stop drifting off to one side, so Johanna had to regain the balance and return the plane to the direction she should be flying at, only for it to drift off again. The wind was also not helping much.

After a few terrifying minutes, which felt like hours to Johanna, she managed to line up with the runway and lower the plane.

Just in case this wasn't enough of a traumatising event for the pilot, the aircraft decided to drift off to the right just before the landing wheels touched the carrier, which caused the plane to run off the runway.