HIM

~CHASE~
And he gave everything a woman could've wanted
The attention, the caring, the long talks, the assurance, the jokes, the wisdom, the warmth, the needed space, the patience. Everything a woman would have ever wanted in a man he had it. But that wasn't enough, For the lady overlooked everything and took his to-die for personality as weak, and belittled him in her heart which crunched his ego and pride into powder that was blown away by the sympathetic winds. What remained in him was a vessel that carried hate and pain towards the world and the she- gender. He couldn't understand what he did wrong, why he was never enough for her and that was the foundation of the insecurities wall. One that was installed in him by people, People who never understood his importance, who never appreciate him for who he was and those who chose others over him no matter how much he had sacrificed for them. As if that wasn't enough, with each day thinking that he was worthless and good for nothing, a friend crawled up to him and introduced himself as depression. Which assured him longtime friendship and a spice of others; anxiety and insomnia to keep him company and kill the boredom. To which he accepted the offer as he had nothing to lose in return.