HELL

I really tried to make it work for us. Nah, that doesn't paint the picture. I made sure I wasn't clingy for you, only took 1 hour of your 24. Always the one who sent the first text, always the one who came up with stuff to talk about. I had tabs open on google and Pinterest on things I could talk about with a crush, but you crashed them instead.

You said calls were boring and I lied that I didn't want to hear the sound if your voice or your laugh on the other end of the call just so you wouldn't find me bothersome. I never complained when you'd go weeks without getting back to me. You had a life and I respected that. I got so used to licking of affection from your blade of nonchalance that I never realized it tore me apart. I'd take a step back and you'd suddenly want to dance with me. I'd take a step forward and you'd cower in the name of you had to figure out stuff. And if I swallowed a pill to leave you alone you'd gag it out of me in a simple line of an uncalled for I love you, a song. a text, a post.

I don't understand why I did all of that. You must've cringed on my behalf because now I do. I tried to get to know you but I merely know few things about you. One, you are really good at what you put your effort into and two, you never gave a shit about me. I fell for your ghost. but now it merely haunts my thoughts.

a/n
Don't forget to vote