like a virgin

prologue, — 1986, 8:25 am

THIS WAS A NEW TOWN FOR THE GOMEZ SISTERS, Hawkins, Indiana was different compared to Brooklyn, New York.

the sisters were on the road, driving was estrella. the middle child of three, along side was her was genesis, her younger sister, a smart-mouthed kid but in a good way. but if you asked genesis, who curses more? it's definitely the other way.

the car was filled with the sound of estrellas cassette of madonnas "like a virgin" —
the backseats were stuffed with luggages, boxes that werfilled with blankets and other stuff to endure the hawkins weather. which surprisingly ever since genesis rolled down her window they can't seem to stop sniffing.

they reach the sign that reads,
"welcome to hawkins, indiana" — genesis sighs which catches her sisters attention.

"you okay?" genesis doesn't seem to want to respond, "look, i know this is going to be huge change but we have to do it for papi, okay?" estrella smiles at her.

genesis smiles back, "right." she regains her courage as she looks back at the map she's been holding onto — "so how much more?" she asks genesis.

genesis examines the map, she's always been good with directions for some reason. "it seems like we're almost there" they both sigh out of relieve.

"god i need to piss." estrella's vulgar comment makes genesis closes her eyes, — "...there's a few store outlets, we can stop by there?" she says

"we've never been here, how the hell do you know that?" — "because there literally right there." suddenly a store that read 'family video' and an arcade beside it were to her left and when the light turned green, estrella didn't even bother to turn on her signal, genesis could've worn she saw white when she turned left.

they hurried out the car and stretched their legs and arms, — a faint giggle leaves their lips as they feel like sunny-foggy weather hit their skin but the rush to need to pee hits estrella once again.

"i'm going to ask for if i can use their bathroom!
— catch!" she throws the car keys while speed walking to genesis, she nods.

"i'm going to arcade!" estrella throws a thumbs up.

genesis smiles as walks to the arcade.