paint it, black

episode two, — 1986, 12:09am

"wanna go rent a movie?" genesis perks up. —

they both look at each other and they're eyes light up, they stand up and run to the car as estrella grabs the car keys.

genesis shuts the car door while estrella starts up the car, suddenly genesis rumbles around the cars storage trying to find a cassette to play.

"what are you trying to find?" estrella's eyes keep shifting at her sister while driving. "i don't know, madonna? soda stereo? new edition? stevie nicks?" she gasps as she finds a dusty cassette of the rolling stones 'paint it, black'

"this was dads cassette?! how the hell did you get this?" genesis laughs in disbelief, "i stole it," genesis blows off the dust as she takes it out of the plastic, she slips it in the cars cassette player.

as they replay the song a couple of times they finally reach the video store, estrella had almost completely forgotten about steve and robin but now hoping they have both their shifts today.

as they open the store doors she instantly looks around to see if she seems both, but there was no sign of them. instead their was an older man in the counter.

she sighs which catches genesis attention, —
"don't worry you'll see your boyfriend and girlfriend again soon" she teases.

"shut up" she smiles as she lightly pushes her away to look at the movie sections.

"so what are we feeling? pretty in pink? casa blanca? willy wonka and the chocolate factory? grey gardens? nightmare on elm street?" genesis picks out options. "i am not watching casa blanca again just for you to sleep halfway through." estrella scuffs as she turns around to see the options her sister hand in her hand.

"nightmare on elm street will do." she picks from the pile and sets it on the counter while genesis puts back the movie picks back in their sections.

"just this?" — yes, please." she nods at the older man.

their was silence until estrella asked him a bizarre question, "i'm sorry but i have a question, there's a couple of high schoolers that work here. any chance you know when they have their shifts?" the man just looks up at her and doesn't say a word, he probably thought she was steve's stalker or something.

"no, sorry." he rings up the movie. — "that'll be nineteen-ninety-nine, would you like a bag?" she nods as she hands him in the cash

"no, thanks." she smiles at him as they both away.

"that was super awkward.." genesis teeth clenched. "and embarrassing, he probably thought i was in love with one of them or something." estrella rolls her eyes.

after finishing almost two bags of microwave movie popcorn because half of them were on the ground because of their screams, estrella turns off the tv as they start getting ready to start their night routine.

since the main hallway bathroom had two sinks they decided to do their skin care routine together before going to sleep. — after they finished genesis had wanted her sister to tuck her in because the movie had really messed with her.

"make sure to see if you locked all the windows and doors!" genesis says right before estrella had closed the door, she giggled at hers request but makes sure to recheck.