in and out of new york

episode one, — 1986, 8:35am

THE THREE TALKED ABOUT THEMSELVES until the their cheeks started to hurt from smiling, it was when estrella realized she was away from her sister for to long and started to get worried.

"i have to go, but is it okay if i get your guys numbers?" she reaches for her phone as they nod, they input their numbers to her contact.

"thanks, i'll see you guys around" they wave at eachother, "i hope you know you had to buy something to use the bathroom, you owe us!" robin teases, estrella smiles as she rolls her eyes at her.

"... she was definitely more interested in me." robin smirks at the brown haired boy.

"shut up." he lightly pushes her.

estrella speed walks to arcade, why was she suddenly so worried about her sister? — yes, she knows genesis can handle herself but she felt so protective of her which had their pro and cons.

the sound of dance music and the smell of sweat and nickel coins reaches the brown haired girl as she throws the door open, the smell makes her face scrunch up as she looks for her sibling.

she panics for second until she hears a groans to her right, she glances as she sees her sister gripping her hair out of frustration of losing at pac-man.

estrella laughs at her which causes genesis to turn around with a frown, she already knew it was her sister from her laugh. — "let me try" estrella hands out hand as her sister gives her a coin.

estrellas ego is high as she inserts the coin inside, she cracks her knuckles and neck and begins.

after a few minute, her pac-man finally encounters a ghost, suddenly her stick shift doesn't move and she gets eaten by the ghost. — "hija de la gran puta" she slams her hand onto the buttons which causes people to look at her.

"this game is rigged." genesis burst into laughter while wiping her nose. — "no, you just suck." genesis teases.

"fuck you." she groans.

after many wins and loses genesis finally dragged her sister out of the store and to the car, they finally arrived to their neighborhood.

the car drives up to the drive way of the house.
as they open the car doors they sigh in awe of the sight of the beautiful house — it was a warm toned house with light color stucco exterior walls and a large porch that's ready for furniture to be put.

"mama sure has a good eye for choosing houses" genesis smiles.

estrella pulls out the luggages of the cars as genesis grabs them, the sounds of early lawnmowers and sprinklers with a laughs of a couple of kids with bicycle bells fill up their ears as they unlock their front door.

they immediately run to the rooms to claim which one will be theirs, estrella runs up to the master bedroom beating genesis. "i chose this one!" she's breaths out of her mouth, — "why do you get the bigger one!?" genesis is holding her stomach while being out of breath.

"because i'm older than you" she teases as they stick out their tongue to each other, suddenly genesis grabs her arm and makes her fingers touch her back. "manita de puerco!" the younger siblings laughs as she runs away from her older sister.

"vas a ver, te voy a jalar los pinche pelos" estrella runs after her, and eventually she gets her revenge.

after their worn out by moving the luggages and opening the boxes, they finally sit down on the chill stone tiles. it was until tomorrow UPS would arrive with their furniture but it was a good thing estrella had filled up a box worth of kitchen supplies.

she had started boiling milk it make hot chocolate with ibarra chocolate brand which always seem to have a piece broken because genesis was always the first one to have her hands on it, but it reminded them of home.

they drink their hot chocolate with sweet bread as they talk about how they wonder how the people are here in hawkins.

"you never told me how it went in the video store? did they actually let you use the bathroom?" she giggles and takes a sip of her beverage.

"they had to! i was literally going to piss myself." genesis laughs at her vulgar words — "i'm being serious! the girl and boy there were nice, i talked to them and got there numbers actually." genesis perks up her eyebrows and she takes another sip.

"shut up." estrella rolls her eyes.

"i didn't even say anything!?" genesis bursts out laughing.

"you said it with your eyes!" — the room echos of giggles.