•• Chapter Twenty Three ••

Vivian groaned as she tried to release herself from the chains that bound her

        Vivian groaned as she tried to release herself from the chains that bound her. The cold table seemed to be as cold as ever as she lays. The thin dress over herself did nothing to keep it at bay.

"Let her go! She's done enough today."

  A distant voice yelled. One she had grown to know well in her time here, in the prison her own father helped create.
Laughter filled the room. Familiar laughter which made Vivian's tainted blood boil with hatred and anger.

  "Too bad that's not your decision." The man said, and without hesitation, smiled towards Vivian. A new man stood bedside him and with knowing eyes, she watched as he walked over to her wrist. Taking it slowly to his mouth, he bit down and swallowed her blood.

His eyes shifted black and veins shot purple.

——

  "Vivian."  Blinking awake, the woman wasn't even aware of her heavy breathing as she sat up in bed. Her sheet falling off only a little Bedford she caught it and held it to her chest. She closed her eyes. Taking a moment to calm herself before addressing the situation.

  "Viv?" He said, again. The sun shines brightly into the room. Subconsciously her finger plays with her ring on her other hand. 

  "I'm fine." She says, her voice obvious in a lie, but Damon didn't seem to care...or perhaps he didn't notice?

  "Sure. You're sunshine and rainbows."

   Vivian rolled her eyes. "Like you should talk."

Now, Damon rolled his eyes. He had woken to voices. His head was killing him and despite everything, he needed a drink. A lot of them. But he guessed that would have to wait.

Unfortunately.

  Rolling out of his bed, Damon is quick to get dressed. Mute as he put on his shirt, Vivian watched curiously. Last night, when she had gotten home and it was time to all it a night, she had been walking up the stairs when she heard the commotion. A sharp cry and then a thud. Then, in a hurry she watched Andie leave.

Clearly something must've happened. Between the fighting with his brother and the incident, there had to be a reason. 

"Come on." Damon says, picking up Vivian's outfit from the floor. He tossed it to her and she caught them. And it was then she couldn't help but laugh.

"What's so funny?" He asked, turning from the door, he raised a brow in her direction.

  "You're different...."