CHAPTER TEN

BRICKS & MORTAR

Lights shined bright above them as ria followe next to Dylan, looking around the junkyard.

A light above them crackled and popped, making both of them jump into each other. "Ahhh! Sorry that was..scary." Dylan took a deep breath in, leaning off of ria. "That's so annoying."

"We're being hunted by literal monsters, and that's what bothers you two?" Kaitlyn asked them.

"Yeah, both are bad." Dylan said obviously and ria nodded.

Kaitlyn walked past them as  they continued to search, going up into what looked like a watch tower.

"Your footsteps are so loud." Ria mumbled. "Why are you stomping?"

"I don't know," Dylan replied. "You know how hen you see a bear your supposed to be loud and it scares them off?" Ria hesitantly nodded. "Maybe it's like that."

"Werewolves are different."

The two walked back to Kaitlyn who seemed to be looking up at something. "look."

Ria followed her gaze to see a car hanging onto a crane by a magnet.

Ria hummed as they walked closer. "So, either of you operated a crane before?"

"You know, I actually used to be pretty, pretty good at the claw game at my local arcade." Dylan claimed. "The kids used to call me "The grabber." "

"Oh." Ria grimaced. "Um."

"No. Nope. Uh-uh." Kaitlyn shook her head with a distorted expression

"..Oh. I hear that now."

"I don't even know how to drive a car, so."

"Look, Why don't you see if you can lower It down so me and Ria can take a look under the hood." Kaitlyn asked.

"Sure, yeah. Sure thing. Um..just uh..watch my back, yeah?"

"Of course.just Watch ours, too." Ria smiled at him before she waited for him to get in the crane.

A flashing orange light came from the top of the crane with loud heavy metal playing. "What the hell is going on?!"

"Nothing!" Dylan shouted back, quickly turning the music off before he lowered the car.

"You did it!" Kaitlyn grinned.

"Yeah, uh..I think I've found my calling!" Dylan replied.

"About time!" Kaitlyn called back. "Well, maybe we can see if we can..try and get this thing running?"

Ria slipped into the drivers seat, placing her hands on the steering wheel. "When we do, can I drive it?"

"You just said you don't know how to drive."

"Teach me?"

As she opened the hood of the automobile, Kaitlyn sighed. "I'm surrounded by idiots."