4. no clue.

{edited, july 23rd, 2023, name change.}

jordan stirred. oh god. she had one of the worst headaches imaginable.
"ugh." she groaned, rolling over. she tossed and turned, trying to fall back asleep. eventually, she gave up and opened her eyes. where the fuck. she looked around, beginning to panic. she checked under the blankets. all of her clothes were still on. she let out a sigh. she sat up in the bed and just stared at the wall. panic began to rise again when she realized she still had no idea where she was. she got out of the bed, stumbling almost immediately. she tried to make her way to the door but the room felt like an endless spinning loop. she sat up against the bed and closed her eyes again. jordan rested her head in her hands and tried to focus. she sat there for 10 minutes, just breathing. when she opened her eyes again, the room had stopped. she got up and opened the door but the moment she did a significant smell filled her nostrils. bacon? she walked around the hall looking for the stairs when she finally found them. she turned to her right as she walked down to see no one other than steve. her knee collapsed on the spot.

steve heard her coming down the stairs, he turned to look and she fell.
"oh my god." he said running over, "are you okay?" jordan's face flushed with embarrassment.
"yeah i'm fine, just wasn't paying attention i guess." she replied, trying to stand up. steve helped her make her way to the kitchen, not trusting her to walk on her own. she sat down at a barstool and steve went back to the food.
"how's your head?" steve asked, without looking up.
"it's pretty bad." she scoffed, rubbing her forehead.
"here, drink this." he gave her a green smoothie.
"what the fuck is this?" she exclaimed, giving a disgusted look.
"just drink it." he said, grabbing two plates. she chugged it. steve dished out scrambled eggs and bacon. he set the plates down where she was sitting, when he realized she already finished it.
"woah, how was it?" he asked, looking up at her.
"gross." she sighed, "but it helped."
"i knew it would." steve grabbed two forks and sat down next to jordan. she started to eat when steve began,
"i'm sorry if this is weird, you and nancy got so drunk last night that jonathan and i just took you guys home. you can leave right now if you don't want to be here." he blabbered out. jordan looked up at him with confusion.
"i didn't understand half of what you just said, but i do want to be here, with you." she smiled. his face started getting red, he turned to finish his meal. jordan ate pretty quickly, she sat and waited for steve to finish. he noticed her eyes on him.
"it's rude to stare you know." steve laughed.
"oh, shut up." she playfully hit his arm. once he was done eating she grabbed his plate and walked over to the sink. she began washing the two dishes when she saw two hands appear on the counter tops to her sides.
"let me do the dishes." he demanded.
"no. you made it, i'll clean up." she retorted, continuing to scrub the plate. he started trying to grab her hands.
"steve stop." she laughed, "oh my god, you're making a mess." he wrestled with her for a while. soap and water flying everywhere, until jordan finally gave up.
"fine, you win." she rolled her eyes.
"yes!" he exclaimed picking the sponge up.
"but i'm cleaning all the water and soap up."
"ugh. fine." the two cleaned up the kitchen until it was almost spotless. jordan scrubbed the floors and stove. steve washed dishes and wiped counters. jordan sighed looking up at steve.
"job well done." she giggled, looking down at her shirt. steve noticed, looking down as well.
"here, let me go get one of my shirts." he ran up the stairs, leaving jordan flushed. he came back with a hawkins basketball tee, with his name and number on the back. oh my fuck. she put it on without a second thought, looking up at steve for approval.
"looking good, henderson." he winked. her heart fluttered.

the two made their way to the living room.
"so how'd you sleep?" steve asked, sitting down in an armchair.
"oh so great." she laughed.
"yeah, you basically passed out the moment you laid down." he exclaimed.
"and i'm sorry if i said anything weird last night. i was pretty wasted." she glanced nervously towards the clock. shit.
"you actually said tha-" steve started.
"fuck, oh my god." jordan yelled.
"what?" steve asked, startled.
"dustin." she ran towards the front door without another word. she could hear steve following her, but she didn't really care. her priority was dustin, dustin who was left home alone, all night. without a word from his older sister. she really fucked up.