10. ferris wheel.

{edited, august 30th, 2022, BIG UPDATE AT THE END.}

shit.
"um." taya awkwardly murmured. steve looked back at her, not quite noticing yet.
"what?" he asked. she gestured to the bed with her eyes, which he quickly followed.
"oh."
"yeah."
"we could get a different room?" steve suggested.
"fully booked, remember?" taya stated, "well i can just sleep on the flo-" she spoke, before he cut her off.
"no way, i will." he threw her stuff to the small space on the ground.
"steve, you know i can't let you do that." she began.
"no but you'll have to." he grabbed a pillow from the bed and set it on the ground.
"the perfect set up." he smiled.
"i real-"
"taya, just let me, please." steve's eyes caught hers. he could tell she'd given up.
"fine."
"i'm going to get changed." he said, retreating to the bathroom.
"okay." taya grabbed a blanket from the linen closet, well drawer, and neatly laid it on the ground. she patted the pillow and stood up, not happy with his set up. taya couldn't help but let out a sigh. share the damn bed. she gave it up as steve walked out of the bathroom. he was in a plain t-shirt and sweatpants but he'd never looked hotter. taya's mouth dried up at the sight. she tried to speak but nothing came out.
"you know it's rude to stare." steve laughed as she broke her gaze away.
"uh yeah, sorry." she grabbed her bag and practically ran into the bathroom. god. taya rummaged through her bag, picking out a pair of shorts and a tank top. she set them neatly on the counter and put her bag on the ground. she stripped from her bathing suit and got in the shower.

after rinsing the conditioner out of her hair, she grabbed a towel from the rack and began drying herself off. she tried to hurry but she knew nancy was probably doing the same thing. once she was fully dry she threw her clothes on and began brushing out her hair. she stared at herself in the mirror, just thinking. she put the brush down and unlocked the bathroom door, grabbing her bag along the way. steve was sitting down on the bed, his head turned as he heard the door click open. she set her stuff down in the previous spot she had it in, white steve stood up and headed to the door. but taya quickly stopped him by grabbing his hand.
"what-" he began, before her lips met his. he felt tense but taya could quickly tell he'd relaxed as their lips fell in sync. her hands made their way to the back of his neck, pulling him farther down to her. his right hand reached for the side of her head, gently pushing her hair behind her ear. the kiss could've lasted a lifetime, if it wasn't for jonathan's impatience. a bang came on the door.
"guys, hurry up! i'm starving and you took my keys." taya and steve quickly fell apart as she quickly searched around the room. her eyes caught sight of the keys. she darted towards them and back to the door. all while steve stood there, smiling like an idiot. she swung it open and gave him a smile.
"you could've asked politely." she teased, dangling the keys in front of him.
"shut up." he groaned, grabbing the keys from her hand. taya threw on her shoes to go help jonathan, steve following quick behind. they got out to the car, as jonathan struggled with the car to get the trunk open. taya let out a laugh. he scoffed.
"just help me, please." she walked over and pushed down the trunk while he pulled on the other side. it popped open. steve stared with a confused look on his face.
"it's a process." she said, grabbing the bags from the car.
"jeez, did you guys get anything healthy." taya let out an exasperated gasp.
"are you judging me, byers?"
"yes." he stated.
"when did you guys even get all of this?" steve questioned.
"while you were getting your beauty rest." she giggled.
"oh." they walked back to nancy and jonathan's room, knocking before opening the door.
"come in!" came from the other side. jonathan's pushed the key in the lock. nancy greeted them at the door, holding it open seeing as most of their hands were full. everyone retreated into the room.
"hey your room didn't get-" steve began to speak before taya quickly cut him off.
"a linen drawer." she awkwardly laughed, giving steve a look. jonathan and nancy exchanged glances before they all started rummaging through the bags.