1. accidents?

{edited, july 21st 2023, name change.}

spring break couldn't come fast enough. jordan sat in her math class, glancing up and down between her paper and the clock. 15 more minutes, interior angles of a convex polygon, 12 more min
u
t
e
s. and before she even knew it, she was out.

"ms henderson, ms henderson?" he sighed.
"ms henderson!" jordan suddenly awoke, she looked up at the clock but instead found mr mundy looking directly at her.
"ms henderson, if you are going to fall asleep in my class, please do so quietly." jordan looked around to see majority of her class looking, snickering, and whispering at her. that's so embarrassing.
"oh god, im sorry sir i won't let it happen again." jordan said hiding her face with her hands.

after what seemed like forever, the bell rang. jordan grabbed her books and shoved them in her bag, which she threw over her shoulder. she plugged her headphones into her walkman that she always kept on her, but as she was doing this, her body collided with someone's shoulder. which startled them, causing them to drop their books.
"oh my god, i am so sorry." jordan exclaimed while she helped them pick their stuff up. she looked up to see no one other than steve harrington. oh lord help me.
"no, you're fine." he replied while standing back up, "i should've had a tighter grip." did the king of hawkins high just talk to her?
"no, it's totally my bad." jordan said with a small smile. she turned to walk away when she heard
"hey, uh what's your name again?"
"jordan." she answered, "henderson."
"right, right. well um see you around, henderson." he walked away leaving jordan in absolute shock. no fucking way that just happened. she looked back up at the clock and realized she only had 1 minute to get to her next class, so she did what any normal teenager would do and sprinted.

she made it just before the bell and took her seat next to jonathan byers. her best friend. they met when in kindergarten when jonathan was sitting on the seesaw all alone. jordan went over and sat on the other side, they played until recess was over and everyday after that. jordan didn't know where she'd be without him.
"holy shit, right on time." jonathan said as the bell rang, "what took you so long, usually you're here before me?"
"you'll never believe it i-"
"ms henderson, mr byers. if we keep up the talking while i'm instructing i will have to move one of you." their photography teacher said in an annoyed tone. he's been threatening that since the beginning of the year, never gonna happen.
"anyways, your final project before spring break must include some candid shots, but here's a twist, you may not use your table partner. or in the case, anyone in this class. you must find another student to complete this with. you may start drafting ideas now." he said with a smile on his face.
"what the fuck am i supposed to do, you're like my only friend." jordan said, resting her head in her hands.
"i'm sure it'll be fine, you'll find someone to do it with."
"who are you thinking?"
"oh uh, nancy." he said sheepishly.
"wait really! she'll totally say yes, i know how long you've liked her for." she replied, nudging him with her elbow.
"oh shut up" he whispered, starting to blush.

they talked for the rest of class per usual, a little about the project, a lot about others.
"wait you never told me why you were-" jonathan started to say before he was cut off by the bell, "uh, almost late to class." jordan had started packing up her stuff which made jonathan start as well.
"oh right," she replied, "basically i ran into steve"
"steve, steve harrington?" jonathan asked with a suprised look on his face, "what did he want?"
"oh no i mean i literally ran into him. he dropped his books and i helped him pick them up."
"oh okay" he said, "why would you help him though? he's always been a dick to you." that wasn't entirely false. he was always a dick to everyone that didn't mean his popularity standards.
"because i just felt like being the bigger person" she answered in a sarcastic tone. jonathan laughed in return.

they headed out to jonathan's car since he usually drove her home. on their way, steve plowed into jonathan, trying to catch a football.
"dude, watch where you're going." jonathan complained.
"i'm sorry man-" steve started, "henderson?"
"oh hey steve" she grinned in return. he actually remembered her name? jonathan grabbed jordan's wrist and dragged her away before anything started between the two.
"hey," jordan said frowning, "what was that for?"
"you actually wanted to talk to him?"
"i guess you're right." she caught herself looking back towards him. what is wrong with her? is she really falling for steve? he's barely spoken to her, no way. they piled into jonathan's car and drove off in silence. little did jordan know, steve watched them leave.

after one of the most awkward car rides of both of their lifetimes, they arrived at jordan's house.
"hey i'm-"
"listen i-"
"oh sorry, you go first." jordan giggled.
"ok," jonathan said smiling, "i'm sorry about that whole steve thing, i didn't mean to like make you do anything, i was just trying to protect you from him."
"it's fine, i didn't really want to talk to him anyways," jordan lied, "but you don't need to protect me."
"yeah, i know. but i just love you so much and i don't want you to get hurt by some dumb guy."
"i love you too, but seriously i'm okay." she replied with a smile. she was so lucky to have jonathan, he's like her second brother.
"well i have a lot of thinking to do, with this project and everything. so i'll see you later. tell you mom i said hi." she said while stepping out of the car.
"will do." he replied as he shifted to reverse, "see you." she waved as he pulled out. she reached into the side pocket of her bag to grab her keys when she realized they weren't there.
"oh shit, oh fuck, shit." she exclaimed, digging through her whole bag. she'd lost her house keys, student i.d, and mail keys all in one foul swoop. she sat down on the porch, she now had to wait until dustin arrived home. in an hour.

after around 15 minutes she got tired of waiting. she threw her bag into her backyard and starting walking down the street. she had made it about a 1/4 mile when a car pulled up next to her. a burgundy bmw 733i. steve's car.
"hey, uh jordan!" he shouted through the passenger side's window, "are these yours?" he held up her lanyard. she peered into his car.
"oh yeah! where'd you find them?"
"you dropped them on the floor when we ran into each other earlier." oh god i'm such an idiot.
"thank you so much for bringing them back, how'd you know i'd be here?" she questioned.
"uh it says your address on the i.d card." he stated, "but you weren't at your house so i was gonna plan on giving them to you tomorrow."
"oh, right. well yeah thank you again." she said while reaching into the car to grab them.
"it's no problem." she stepped away from the car and waved. he nodded back and drove off. maybe he wasn't such a douchebag after all. she walked back home, retrieved her bag, and went inside to make her big decision on this project. who was she going to shoot. photography wise.

"hey, jordan?" she heard from down the hall.
"i'm in my room, dustin." jordan said as he burst through the door.
"i'm going to mikes. tell mom when she gets home." he said with a soft smile.
"will do." she nodded back. he left her room and she begun to go through the 1982-3 yearbook to find potential candidates. she found absolutely no one.
"fuck this." she said to herself. she got up and went down the hall to make herself some dinner. she couldn't decide what leftovers to make so she settled for a salad. she chopped lettuce, sliced tomato, shredded cheese, diced cucumber, added croutons, and drizzled ranch. the perfect meal. she headed back to her room and played her favorite madonna album while she ate. after a while, she headed back to the kitchen to clear her bowl. while she was out there her mother and brother walked into the house.
"hey mom, hey dusty." she said while washing the cutting board.
"hey hun, what'd you make?"
"just a salad."
"oo sounds good, i might just make one myself."
"you should the lettuce is," she made and exaggerated kiss sound, "magnific." her mother laughed while dustin got out the cold pizza.
"i'm gonna take a shower," jordan said making her way over to her mom, "goodnight, i love you."
"okay, goodnight sweetie, i love you too" she replied along with a kiss on her cheek.
"goodnight dustin." she stated, ruffling his hair.
"night sis." he answered, to focused on the television to even look at her.

she took a shower and changed into and old t-shirt and shorts. brushed her teeth, put on lotion. she closed all her windows and climbed into bed. while doing that she turned on her bedside lamp and picked up her new edition of the Seventeen magazine. after she finished it, she took a sip of water from the cup on her nightstand, and turned off the light.

a/n: thank you so much for reading the first chapter of my new series (hopefully)! please comment any suggestions or questions you have and feel free to correct anything (kindly). have a great day/night!