06

Nag intermission number ang school band habang nasa backstage kami, naghahanda para sa question and answer.

Nang matapos, bumalik na kami sa stage. 

"The scores will be back to zero." Sabi ng emcee bago kami mag umpisa sa question and answer.

Bubunot kami sa fish bowl ng tanong. Kinakabahan ako!

Nauna na ang mga lalaki. All three of them answered wittily. I just know mahihirapan ang judges. 

It was then our turn. Naunang bumunot si ate Shannon. 

"Your question is, which do you prefer, outer beauty or inner beauty?"

"Inner beauty is what I prefer. Inner beauty helps us form ties with others. There is much more to a person than what we see on the outside or in the physical, and it is what's deep within, the character, and the attitude. In love and friendship, we must look deeper rather than only on the surface. Yes, we are drawn to someone because of their appearance, but it is their attitude and character that makes people, a lover, and a friend to stay. Outer beauty attracts, but inner beauty captivates. Thank you."

Then it was ate Brooklyn's turn.

"Your question is, For you, what is pain?"

"For me, pain indicates that that we are human, we have feelings, and that we are alive. Feeling pain and being hurt is a vital aspect of our existence since it simply reveals that life isn't all rainbows and butterflies. There are times where we'll experience rain and heavy storms, but we must accept it as part of our lives, for that makes us more human. Thank you."

Then it was my turn. Kabado ako habang bumubunot. Ako nalang ang nag-iisang candidate sa stage dahil nasa backstage na ang mga nauna. 

"Your question is, which do you prefer, to be wise or to be intelligent?"

"I prefer to be wise. Intelligence is equally important as wisdom, but wisdom is more practical in nature, the practical knowledge gained through real life experiences that each of us faces. Interconnected with life satisfaction, happiness, health, and well-being. There's also a saying that goes, 'it's easier for a wise person to gain knowledge than it is for a smart person to gain judgment.' So, I prefer to be wise, thank you." Sagot ko. 

Pagkatapos ko, nagpunta na ako sa backstage. The former title holders did their farewell walk.

Pagkatapos ng farewell walk, bumalik na kami sa stage. 

"Are you guys ready?" Tanong ng lalaking emcee.

"We are on the last part of the competition. Before we announce the places of our dear candidates, may we give this token and certificate of appreciation to our panel of judges who had a hard time ranking our candidates." Ani ng babaeng emcee. 

They proceeded to give the token and certificate of appreciation to the four panel of judges for today's competition. 

"Now, we are going to announce the second runner up." Sabi naman ng babae. Napuno ng sigawan ang auditorium. "Are you guys ready? Buhay pa ba kayo?"

The audience cheered louder.

"Okay, so the third runner up in the gentlemen is..." Panimula ng babaeng emcee. "Candidate number... Candidate number 2! Hector Halili!" Anunsyo niya.

Nagpalakpakan naman kami. 

"Let us proceed to the ladies. The second runner up is candidate number... candidate number..." 

Kinakabahan ako. Gusto ko nalang matapos na ito at kanina pa nanlalambot ang paa ko. Naka heels pa ako. Sumasakit na rin ang paa ko.

"Candidate number 4! Brooklyn Ybarra!" Pag announce ng lalaking emcee.