secret au

a/n: dedicated to Zoe_65_zoe because they're leaving wattpad for a while and need some byler to read probably so here's this

~

Will gazed at Mike at the end of the lunch table, who was reading a book, unbothered and with a small, peaceful smile.

He felt Max nudge his shoulder. "You gonna ask him out or should we do it for you?" she gestured to El, Dustin and Lucas looking back at Will with smirks on their faces.

"What? No, no, it's fine. Just. Spacing out?" Will stammered, making his statement turn more into a question then a response.

Lucas shook his head. "Listen man, you can eyefuck him all you want, but if you want Mikey over there to notice you, we need to help."

Will's eyes went wide. "I am not eyefucking him!" he whisper-yelled.

"You totally are. Dude, we need to help you get laid!" Dustin chimed in, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Ooh, we should do a cute picnic date!" Max said excitedly. El nodded in agreement with her girlfriend. "That would be perfect. We need to arrange lights, food..."

"I could ask Mike to go to the park," Dustin said. "Then we send Will over, making it a romantic accidental-meet," he gasped. "I need to write this all down!"

Dustin's always been a huge shipper and supporter of relationships, so him fangirling over Will and Mike wasn't new to the group at all.

"Will, you could even get his number!" Max grinned. She looked to her other side, where Will was supposed to be sitting.

"Hey, where'd Will go?"

~

"And then- then they said we should go on a picnic date!" Will choked out of laughter. Mike smiled in amusement, watching the shorter boy lose breaths over it.

"Hold on, back up, you were staring at me?" Mike chuckled, watching Will laugh even more. "Yeah! And they said I was eyefucking you!"

Will put his face against Mike's chest, letting the laughter die down as he hugged him.

"You're cute." Mike smiled, and Will tilted his head up to glare at him. "Am not."

"Yeah," Mike kissed Will's head, ruffling his brown hair. "You really are."

Will turned a tomato-red, furrowing his eyebrows and pouting.

"Wanna go get ice cream? We still have twenty minutes before lunch ends," Mike said randomly, holding out his hand for Will.

He took Mike's hand graciously. "Of course."

They intertwined hands, sneaking out of the back door of the school with sly smiles and hearts full of joy.

~

a/n: probably the shittiest and shortest one i've wrote but here's this and come back soon Zoe_65_zoe