she?

a/n: i love the idea of mike using she/her pronouns every now and then

lowercase intended and not proofread

~

mike exhaled, bringing down the eyeliner and setting it on the bathroom counter. he didn't know why, but the urge to pick up those untouched makeup supplies that max had given him, finally came to use.

his close-enough-to-be-a-sibling best friend, max mayfield, thrusted the little makeup pouch into mike's hands.

"here," she whispered. "happy 16th, mike. i think you'll like this, trust me." a sneaky smile grew on her face as she left mike's room, joining the rest of the party downstairs.

mike examined the little navy blue vanity, but surprised himself with some other feeling — relief, and joy. he opened the black zipper, slowly but carefully.

sparkly gold highlighter, liquid black eyeliner, eyeshadow, pink lipgloss and a few brushes sat inside.

and mike felt like a little kid on christmas morning, because serotonin flooded through his body.

he hid it in under his mattress — random, mike knew — but it was good enough.

"mike?" a sweet voice called from outside, startling mike out of his thoughts.

will.

mike didn't know if he should've been terrified or happy because of his boyfriend's arrival, but he felt both nonetheless. he was wearing makeup.

and, fuck, mike wheeler is an idiot — because how the hell did he forget about makeup wipes?

mike didn't have time to scrub it off, and mike knew damn well about the pastel purple tank top and baggy jeans wasn't that much of a — what would his dad say? — a manly look.

fuck it.

mike stepped out into the small hallway, crossing his arms against his chest rather stiffly. he peeked at the little kitchen behind a powdery white wall.

"...yeah?"

will wasn't looking; he'd been hovering over the groceries that were placed all over the counters.

"could you help me with some of the groceries? we're way overdue for these," he muttered, finally lifting his head to look at mike. his eyes widened.

"oh," he mumbled, a little starstruck. "oh, wow."

mike fidgeted with his hands a bit, swallowing nervously. his mouth was kind of dry. does will hate it?

they slowly inched closed to each other, meeting in the middle. a small smile appeared on will's face. "you look — you look nice."

"you think so?"

will, hesitantly, brought his arms around mike's waist. "have i ever lied to you?" he shrugged.

mike pretended to ponder. "well —"

"actually, don't answer that," will rushed. mike relaxed into his hold, letting his arms loop around will's neck.

will drew in a sharp breath. "but in all honesty, you look really, really good," his face was flushed red; flustered, even.

mike licked his dry lips, before looking away. "you — you don't think that this is — that i look..."

"you look beautiful," will grinned. he kept the firm grip around mike.

now, it was mike's turn to blush. "i think people would mistake me as, like — your girlfriend or something," he mumbled, bringing the eye contact back.

"do you want to be?" will's thumb ran over the freckled skin of mike's waist.

that took mike by surprise. girlfriend? like, will's girlfriend?

i think that feels right.

"shit, sorry — would that be weird? fuck, does that sound weird? it does, doesn't it —"

"i wouldn't mind," mike blurted out.

"your girlfriend. i — i wouldn't mind," he stammered.

will smiled. "yeah?"

"yeah," mike breathed, confidence lacing his voice.

girlfriend. huh.

"one more thing," will started. "i would really, really like to kiss you right now." his face was most definitely the same shade as a tomato, his eyebrows slightly furrowed, and that stupid butterfly-making smile still on his mouth. mike wanted to kiss it all off.

"c'mere," mike murmured, pulling will into a kiss. will let a hand card through mike's hair, and mike could practically feel his little smile as their teeth has momentarily bumped together a few times.

when they broke apart, he knew he had a big, shit eating grin on his face.

mike wiped a bit of the glittery gloss that had made its way onto will's lips.

"lipgloss suits you," he giggled, letting will press another quick kiss to the corner of mike's mouth. "yeah, i know, they should put me on a magazine cover."

mike silently agreed — with will's jawline and lips, and eyes and astoundingly perfect skin that had moles dotting it — you know.

will glanced over his shoulder. "okay, mike my girlfriend, i still need help with these groceries," he sighed.

"well, will my boyfriend, i want to pick out the movie for tonight," mike replied easily.

will scrunched his nose in a grimace. "as long as it isn't the outsiders again, i'm all for it," he stated.

mike could compromise with that, he supposed. he rolled his eyes with tease, walking past will to get the task of groceries out of the way.

mike liked how it was all going for her, she decided. she really couldn't be happier.

-

a/n: yeah so she/her mike showing her true colors