25

Chapter 25// Guilt

Alex was finally discharged from the hospital.

He was doing well. He never brought up his father's visit again. Flora didn't either. He was recovering and she didn't want to sabotage that in any way.

Which also meant she had to keep quiet about her kiss with Jacob the night of his accident.

But the guilt was eating at her every second of every day.

She wanted to just spit it out, like ripping off a bandaid, but she knew she'd also rip out his heart if she did that. So, she kept quiet. She needed to find the right moment — if there ever was one.

"Alex?" She spoke, turning her head slightly to glance at him the passenger seat of her car. It felt off driving him, since he always drove her around. She missed glancing at his toned arms flexing against the steering wheel, or the way his jaw would click whenever someone cut him off in traffic, or the way he'd grip onto her thigh.

"Yea?" He hummed.

"I'm happy you're home, and safe, and recovering. I honestly don't know what I would've done if you... if you..." her words trailed off. Flora couldn't bring herself to finish the sentence.

"I know, baby girl," Alex's voice was gentle, "I would never leave you, okay?" He searched her eyes to make sure she understood how serious he was, and Flora smiled, relief flooding her expression.

"I love you," she blurted out, causing a grin to overtake Alex's entire face.

Alex smiled, genuinely smiled, a smile that reached his eyes and lit up his entire face from within, "I love you, too."

~ ~ ~

"What time are you meeting your friend?" Alex pondered from the couch.

They were at his apartment. Flora tried to make the place more home-y, and although Alex wouldn't admit it, he secretly loved the little plants she placed around the living room. He thought of her every time he saw them.

"Ummm" Flora thought for a second, "in about an hour?" She answered more as a question rather than a statement.

She wasn't entirely sure. Melanie called her that morning and insisted they hang out. Flora tried to lie her way out of it, but Melanie saw right through her. Than it dawned on her, she never even told Melanie, her best friend, that she and Alex started dating. Although, he Flora didn't like to leave Alex while he was still recovering, she reluctantly agreed.

Alex quirked a brow, "So, then that means..." he began, sinking down lower into the couch, and manscaping a little wider. Flora knew exactly what he was hinting at. They hadn't done it yet. Flora was still a virgin. But... they had done other things. And those other things was what Alex was referring to.

In other words, he wanted a blowjob.

"Alex..." Flora began timidly, "Your scars...you're still in recovery and—"

"—Fuck recovery," Alex muttered, "I'm fine, I promise."

He stood from the couch and walked over to Flora. He stood directly in front of her, his tall, broad frame towering over her.

"But what's not fine," he began, placing his large hands on either side of her face, "is this hard-on I can't get rid of."

Both of their eyes travelled down to the very noticeable tent in Alex's pants.

"Pleaseeeee baby girl," the sound that escaped his throat was both sexy and cute — like an odd mix between a moan, a groan, and a whine.

Flora felt the rush of anticipation flood to her core.