|27|

A/N: Okay... I lied, more angst. This is gonna make y'all cry. It's making me cry, that's for damn sure. Bound to be the saddest shit I've ever written.

[ I w a i z u m i ]

Sitting in Tooru's hospital room, I stare out the window and ignore the tears welling in my eyes. Tamiko notices and pats my back. "He's going to be okay, the knife barely missed any vital organs. He's just sleeping due to the pain killers he was given." She says softly.

"I know, I just hate life right now. This is the 3rd time he's had to be hospitalized." I say, pinching the bridge of my nose in annoyance. "At least that fucker is dead. He won't bother him anymore." I add, shaking my head. He was shot directly in the heart and head, dying instantly. I wanted to kill him myself, but I don't know where that would put me.

"Yeah. I remember when I first met Sota. He was sweet and kind to us. I remember walking past Tooru's room, I heard struggling but I decided to go against my better judgment and ignore it. I never knew he was abusive my little brother." She says, frowning and wiping away the tears that well in her eyes. "I feel like it's partly my fault."

"No, it wasn't your fault, it was no one's fault other than Sota's. He was obsessed with him, he wasn't in love with him, it was a psychotic obsession, as I earlier said early this morning."

"I guess you're right-"

We're then cut off by movement. Looking over, Tooru opens his eyes slowly. "I'll go get a nurse," Tamiko says, walking off. Standing up, I grab the brunette's hand and caress his knuckles with my thumb.

"Hey, baby..." I mumble, bringing my free hand up to the side of his face.

"Hi... H-How long have I been out?" He asks nervously, looking around the room. This one is very similar to the one he was in before during his coma.

"About 6 hours. I've been waiting here for you to wake up for a while. I was able to sleep for 3 hours." I say quietly, kissing him gingerly on the forehead. "I'm exhausted, mentally and physically."

"Iwa... I'm sorry you're going through so much because of me. I don't... I don't feel like I'm good for you with all that keeps happening." He says, tears welling in his eyes. My heart breaks at the sight, worry evident on my face.

"Baby, you are good for me. You changed me into a better person. I don't think anyone else could have that ability." I say softly, caressing his knuckles. Bringing his hand up, I kiss his knuckles and smile weakly at him. "I love you and I'm sticking by your side no matter what. There is no getting rid of me, understand?" He nods sheepishly at this, making me chuckle lightly.

The nurse walks in and gestures for me to step back. Doing so, she asks him general questions. Looking over to the side, Hiroto is standing in the doorway, making a head gesture to follow him. Exiting the room, I stand in front of him and frown.

"You have my blessing." He says, confusing me.

"I- what for?" I ask, the man chuckling. Wait a second... does he mean..? "W-Wait, you're not talking about that are you?" At this, he nods. "Whoa- are you serious? Like, you're not kidding me, right? If you are, you're just- fucked up." He lets out a light laugh, shaking his head.

"I'm serious." He says, laughing.

I can't help but contain my smile as I look back at the brunette who's talking to the nurse. "I'll wait a few years."

"It better be before I die, Hajime." He says in a playful warning tone. I nod, chuckling. "He's happy with you. Earlier this morning, you proved your loyalty and devotion to him. I don't think anyone else would go to those lengths for him, but you did."

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧 & 𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 [𝐈𝐰𝐚𝐎𝐢; 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐀𝐔] 🎉