A friend

Clary x GN!Reader

Requested by anon​

"Before you say anything just remember we're best friends." You said as Clary held her Stelle out and stared at you. She didn't move or lower the Stelle so you scooted a little closer. "Would you like my help?"

"I'm not sure that you're you." She answered shakily.

"I'm more myself than anyone else could be. Well. Magnus has been known to do a good impression if he has enough of that home brewed alcohol the werewolves make." You muttered.

She gave you a funny look but let you help her out of the container she was strapped in. You led her towards the sound of bickering Nephilim and let her go when they raised their weapons.

"I'm not here to cause any trouble." You said quickly.

"Sure." Alec said as if he didn't believe you.

"No. (Y/N) is a friend of mine. We've known each other for years." Clary said quickly. Izzy had hurried to take Clary's weight while Jace inspected her leg and drew a rune on it that made her wince.

"You know them?" Izzy asked her. She nodded.

"They're a friend of the family." Clary insisted. They shared looks as if they didn't believe her but let her usher you along with them. "Do you know where Simon is?" She asked. You frowned and shook your head.

"I only followed you because I wanted to say hello and before I could catch up someone snatched you away. You'd been gone for so long I assumed they'd taken you. I didn't realise you were with this lot. I'd have been less worried." You explained. She smiled at that and gave you a grateful look.

"Well if you hadn't I wouldn't have made it." She admitted. Reluctantly the Nephilim backed off and let you walk with Clary as they headed back home.

"Clary never mentioned them before. Izzy?" Jace said as he glared at you.

"Never mentioned them to me." Izzy confirmed. Jace crossed his arms, watching closely as you threw an arm over Clary's shoulder and gestured out at the city.

"Why do we care?" Alec grumbled.

"Because we know what they get up to and Clary doesn't. Simon ended up a vampire. Imagine if Clary knew what they were!" Jace complained. Alec rolled his eyes and leaned on his bow as they stopped. Clary paused outside the institute and hugged you goodbye. You vanished from where you stood with a quick wave, and a flipped hand gesture at Jace.

"Seems like Clary is aware of their powers, Jace. Maybe you just don't like someone else being Clary's supernatural crutch." Alec smiled when Jace opened his mouth to complain and looked at Izzy for help. She shrugged.

"If it's fine with Clary it's fine with me as long as no one gets hurt." She said quickly and chuckled when Jace grumbled as he headed inside.