Hot Chocolate

Clary Fray x Male!Reader

Requested by Anon

December event

Request: Hello. May I have Clary Fray x Male Reader with I made hot chocolate! #December2022

Clary was elusive. It was the first year she was missing out on her holiday activities with her mum. You knew she'd been missing it and tried your best to make up for it. Though you, Izzy, Jace and Simon tried your best. It wasn't the same.

Now she was avoiding you all, not wanting to ruin the mood. Deciding you'd try one more thing you went to the kitchen. You started trying to learn how to make hot chocolate. You didn't want to just make any hot chocolate. You had gathered fancy ingredients, learned how to make vanilla whipped cream by hand and managed to learn how to make a massive variety of different flavoured hot chocolates.

When you'd finished you found little cups, just enough for a taste of each one and dished them up. Then you made your way through the many corridors until you found Clary on her own.

"Hey! Can you help me?" You asked her. She closed her sketchbook and looked up at you.

"Maybe? What do you need help with?" She asked. You sat next to her and set the tray down on your lap.

"I made hot chocolate!" You mumbled and smiled at her. You hoped that she wouldn't see through the idea. "I need your help deciding which of these drinks is the best."

Normally Clary's mum would make a fancy batch of hot chocolate and everyone would go over for a cup before she led the way through a winter art stall. But without her there to ask, you had no idea which flavour was the right one.

"Oh... well I can help with that." She seemed to cheer up as she set her sketchbook and pens to one side. The two of you started trying the small cups and comparing them. She even started to make a list of which ones were good, which were bad and which should never be remade. Eventually, the two of you found a flavour you both liked and went to the kitchen to make a bigger batch that could be served out to everyone. By the end of it Clary was smiling and laughing in a way she hadn't for months.