𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ----- 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭

______________

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐎𝐔𝐓

______________

𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐆𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 in the Meeting Hall

𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐆𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 in the Meeting Hall. Nick sat in the corner his hands covering his face. His hands trembled as he tried to rid the faces of those so close to death. His friends.

Alby stood with his arms crossed as he tried to regain control of the populous. The Gladers were growing restless. Two days full of the worst possible action they had hoped for. When they asked and pleaded for something different that hadn't meant this. What was happening now was a curse.

Gally stood up from his seat, noticing how the crowd wasn't going to simmer down. "Slim it!" His voice boomed. Everyone zipped their mouths shut, fearing the Keeper of the Builders.

Alby threw Gally an appreciative nod. He returned it, sitting back beside Nathan. He had been able to lure his fellow Builder out of the Med-jack Bay, but it had taken a lot. Now they sat trying to keep the masses calm. "Now, I know everybody is on edge since the events of this week have occurred"

"That's an understatement." A voice called out.

Alby pursed his lips and continued on with his words. "But we cannot let fear overcome us. We still need to push through. We need to keep pushing on to survive-"

"No, we need to get out of here!" Another voice called out. Others murmured in agreement, sparking more conversation. 

Minho stepped up. "Look you shanks, the Runners and I are doing everything we can to find the exit. If you guys weren't s jacked up in the head you would know that klunk takes time!"

An uproar was caused by his words. People spitting out ideas on just how to get out of here. 

Nick sucked in a breath, covering his ears. His eyes rimmed red with lack of sleep and self-hatred. How could he let them all spin so far? This was all his fault. If only he had been a better leader. Minny would be safe and happy; Newt would be running the Maze with Minho; Ben would be with them. This was all his fault. 

"What if we went down the Box?" A voice offered. As soon as that idea was heard agreement rang through the group. 

Alby looked back at Nick, hoping that maybe he could help him in some way. Nick turned his head back towards the ground. Everything was hopeless because deep down he knew he was never getting out of here. He knew he was never meant to be their leader. 

"Who would even go down there!" Gally reasoned. "No one knows what's down there!" The crowd's uproars grew down. No one was selfless enough to take the first jump. The thought of the unknown struck fear in everyone, no matter how well they hid it. 

"I'll do it." Nick stood behind Alby, a new glint in his eye that no one could recognize. 

Nathan stood up and walked over to Nick. He placed a hand on his shoulder, leaning up to whisper in his ear. "Nick, man, what are you doing?"